Orion model number?

Bronze Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 63
Hey can any1 find out the model number of a 2400 or 2500" RMS orion amp bcuz I keep getting jerked around on here thy toldd me to get this MTX 3000 watt amp now they're telling me not to get it bcuz it sucks... wtf! I'm sick of asking I have 500 at the most to power 2 12" BL's can any1 help bcuz I'm tired of asking

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2333
YOU TALKING ABOUT WHAT I HAVE?
A ORION 2500D?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Yea there is a brand new one on ebay is tht a good amp does its rated power?? And what is this 13.8v's I'm seeing on the description I am getting a HO alt is this amp going to make the volts go over 14.4 bcuz I dnt wana fry my engine computer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2334
LOL
YOU STRAIGHT..

JUST GET THE AMP.ITS BADAZZ..YOU WILL LOVE IT..NO WORRIES.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3623
Yeah that amp is good and does rated power.

And who the f*ck started this myth about alternators blowing engine computers Ain't gonna happen.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
a car salesman so what are the dangers with using HO alts then because they explained but i dont understand the volts tlk im a noob kinda... they said if the volts go higher than 14.4V i can fry the engine computer how do i make sure that my volts dont go higher than 14.4v

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1807
did orion discontinue the 2500D class?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1808
also when you buy a HU alt they are designed to work at 14.4 volts they just produce more amps. they wont fry your computer if they are installed corrctly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
so where do you reccomend going a car audio place or a mechanic to get it installed?? and another question if i get the HO alt in and dont get my big 3 done for like a day or 2 would i be cool or does it have to be done all at once??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1810
well i just installed my new alt myself its a pretty straight foward thing to do but if your not sure if you can any mechanic shop can do it.

im really not sure about putting in a alt then upgrading the big 3. personaly i wouldnt ide make swure to have the big 3 in. you can do the big 3 then wait a couple of days and put in the alt.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3017
"did orion discontinue the 2500D class?"

Yes. They have been replaced by a new series of the old HCCA (High Current Competition Amplifiers)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2335
YEA BRAD IS RIGHT..
THEY REPLACED MY MODEL WITH THIS..
http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Products/Products.aspx?ProductID=509

Gold Member

Post Number: 1811
are the new series as good as the 2500D

Gold Member

Post Number: 2336
THEY BASICALLY THE SAME THING..
JUST LOOK DIFFRENT...
GET WHICH EVER ONE IS THE BETTER DEAL FOR YOU..LOL

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3018
From all I have read... no. But I have seen and heard the 2400 and 5000 and they look and sound like very solid amps. I am going with the 5000 and one 12" HCCA sub. The subs are designed by TC Sounds and they are beasts. 4" flat wound voice coils and 1.2" real world one way excursion and the magnet weighs in at 28 pounds. Brutal output and good SQ. I get them at dealer cost.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3625
The big 3 MUST be done at the time when the alt is installed. Your stock wires will not handle an HO alternator.

A car audio shop would probably be best if you can't DIY the installation. Most mechanics know jack sh!t about electronics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us