Seperate or common chamber...

Silver Member
Username: Mateo

Post Number: 154
i was thinking the seperate might be a little better if there is any difference....does it really make a difference...im just curious....thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9031
Usually seperate has better sq, but common usually has higher spl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
ok thanks that helps a lot....i was going to do seperate but now that i konw this ill go common...thank you very much Logan

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
i also have another question....
when i use the port calculator....ihave it set to tune to about 32 Hz. so when i increase the height and keep the width the same...it increases the length....whouldnt that change the tuning??

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9032
Glad I could help :-)

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9034
Glad I could help :-)

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9035
No, Its just adding length to keep it at 32hz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
but even though as im increasing the height and the length is increasing it is still staying at 32? sorry im just real bad at math and this ocnfused me haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
and another problem i just came on to....when i put in the dimensions for my box and tuing and all i get this http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=35&Eh=17&Dia=4&Xmax=15.3&V d=.22&NumW=2&Vb=4.22&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0 but when i put the external deminsions in a calculator im almost a whole cubic foot off....i dont know why i get different numbers from different sites...i also try it manually and it matches one but not the other....ahhh!!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3986
that box design you had in the link..

too big for 2 10"s and not enough port area for that size box..

this is more what your looking for .. http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=35&Eh=17&Dia=4&Xmax=15&Vd= .22&NumW=2&Vb=2.25&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
i had half of that box for one sub and it worked great...i caught a lot of crap for that box on here when i made it last year and i dont regret it at all...it was 2.1 cuft

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
i meant i had half of the box that i posted...the box i had for my one ten was 2.1 cuft and i drive a 2500 cummins with 5" straight pipes and i had people tell me i shook stuff in their room when i went down my road. i dont konw how valid that is but i do konw that with only a few hundred wrms, i made my windshield wipers jump....im not arguing with you buy anymeans, i konw it sounds waaaay to big, but it seemed to work for me...so i figured if its not broke, why fix it? (so to speak)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12464
''''Usually seperate has better sq, but common usually has higher spl.'''

agreed & in fact i have said that on here a few times b4 since i tested it out when i had a pair of type R & to my ears that was what i found ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us