Cali fire.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6569

Did you hear that it was a 10 year old kid who started the fire? Ironically, the place where he lived wasn't damaged by the fire.
Now everyone's jumping on the bandwagon saying the kid's a "nice boy" and shouldn't be punished nor charged. I wonder if these same people ever lost anything in life.
I say, even if they can't charge the kid cause of his age, something has to be done, so that he'll learn that there are consequences in life to every action. His stupid mother took off with the kid and is hiding.
If nothing's done, then it's like rewarding/giving free pass to "mini" criminals.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3765
how did he start it?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15630
he admitted he was playing around with some matches and the fire started.

isaac you are right. the people that are saying let the kid off the hook cause he is too young are not the ones that lost their homes. i bet the people that lost everything is thinking hang the boy or something. i probably would be thinking that way if i lost everything.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5552
The parents should be charged,not the kid.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3766
"he admitted he was playing around with some matches and the fire started."

ohh i see. and i agree with what rob said, where the fvcck were the parents when this happened, i mean its not like he just threw a match down and then bam the whole state is on fire.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2458
"the parents should be charged" first off u dont know where they were or what they were doing. what if the mother was at work and the boy is just an idiot. the mother is trying to make a living and supprt the kid and herself and her son does something stupid and you think they should punish her? crazy. i agree there should have been more supervision but you cant punish her for that

Gold Member

Post Number: 5553
" i agree there should have been more supervision but you cant punish her for that"

Actually they can and have.Negligent parents get put in jail and charged all the time.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2459
you cant punish her for that in this case i meant. if the son gets home from school at 3 30 and starts a fire in the woods next to his house and is inside by the time his mother comes home from work at 5 30 how can u punish the mother? neither of us know the situation well enough to talk but ur right theres some cases where the parents should be punished i agree

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4478
a 10 yr old knows right from wrong
JUVE at least

Gold Member

Post Number: 5556
JK,I don't know what the law is there but here in Illinois kids under 13 can't be left un-supervised.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2460
wow. thats crazy. i was on the block at the age of 11

Gold Member

Post Number: 5557
Well...it used to be like that but it's a weird law anyhow,I'm not sure if that was in a house-hold or just in general because I see younger kids roaming all around by themselves all over the place.I think it's a loosely enforced law,I'd have to look into my statutes book.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2461
yeah must be loosely enforced.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4479
lol jk you were on what block at 11 yrrs old??
seaseme street???

Gold Member

Post Number: 5561
"lol jk you were on what block at 11 yrrs old??
seaseme street???"

Rofl.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6571
Had the stupid kid's parent called the cops or even try to report the fire, then sure, they shouldn't be held liable. But they didn't even bother! So even if the city has to sue that idiot kid and parents for $1 a day till he dies, it should be done. If it were really an accident, why didn't they come forward right away? Why did they wait till they were caught and then say it was an "accident"?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5562
My guess is that they were scared Isaac.You're right though,they should have done the right thing and come forward right away.People are shady though.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2464
nah i was ON THE BLOCK

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2031
Parents shouldnt hav left a 10 yr old at home alone...and y the h3ll was he playin w/ matches??? on top of that surely they woulda noticed the fire soon enuf to contain it before it got as big as it did. Kid and parents both should be punished...

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10863
Should a 10 year old know the difference? You bet. Curiosity has got the best of all of us at one point or another though. I haven't read anything about it yet but you can be sure that boy will live with it for the rest of his life. Society won't ever let him forget it either. Imagine growing up being known as the great Cali fire starter.

Forget about a career in politics.

And should the result of any "crime" directly influence the punishment? If so why isn't the penalty for attempted murder as great as murder?? The only difference isn't intent but success.

I HIGHLY doubt this 10 year old was seeking to accomplish what he did. I think it's all about intent. Punish accordinly.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6773
i can see the arguement for both sides....charge the kid or charge the parents....either way it wont bring everyones houses/memories back and wont bring back what it destroyed....can only hope everyone in cali who was/is affected by the fire, ends up OK in the long run

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 346
here, a kid cant be left unsupervised that is 16 or younger
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us