Power Acoustik PTID-8960 is not worth the money STAY WAY FROM IT!!

Username: Avaryj

Frisco, Tx U.S.

Post Number: 2
Greetings noble audio lovers,

I installed the new Power Acoustik PTID-8960
and it work well for 24 hours and first the DVD stopped working and the touch screen went bazirk, it started picking stations on its own and then the TV tuner burnt out and I had a real angry customer. Now don't get me wrong on the brand because the D-class ampifiers are among the best amps for the money and I will always recommend them but I highly insist that PA recall these units and install better boards in them so that they have some longivity. I believe there will be alot of angry customers that spend their hard earned cash on this unit, wait on the install, and get let down by the performance of the unit. Power Acoustik is very much a great brand when you need performance at a resonable price so I hope that they do a better job at working the bugs out of this unit because it really has a beautiful picture but what good is that if it only works for a day or so.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 707
no there quality just suxx. there amps are not good sry to say . they are overratted

Username: Avaryj

Frisco, Tx U.S.

Post Number: 8
I disagree on the amps because I took 2 of the 3000DB's on the new Termlab with 4 15's and did a 157.9 so I'm sorry you didn't get the full potential out of whatever amp you were using. I now have 8 of the 3000DB's on 8 15's and the test run was 162.3 on the new Termlab so the numbers definitely speak for themselves. Now I have only used the 3000DB amp from Power Acoustik and I can say that it is a damn good amp for the money. The truck is not complete yet but when we are finished with it my estimates are around 165dbs when complete.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us