OT-> Toyota FJ Cruiser, anyone own one yet?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3717
I went to local Toyo dealer to take a sneak peak and these b@stards are good, they through me the keys literally and told me to sit in it, @ssholes! I kinda like this truck buttt I have so much work into my car, what ya guys think? I was thinking maybe a FJ Cruiser (fully loaded) with a couple of TC-5200 18's and my DD Z1a, could be ok, I hate change... Polo. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 744
I don't like em at all but just IMO...

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 619
ugly, bulkier than the H3...JIMO

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5398
the look like a g@y wanna be safari SUV, sorry.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6752
they look so bad that i kinda like them

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3719
Sorry I don't find them ugly at all kinda nice really. The floor is hard rubber my kids can spill and never fck it up, lOl.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5524
Polo, those things are actually pretty neat looking IMO.I saw one all lifted with like 36s on it and it was bad a ss.I'd get one if I could afford it.It'll probably handle the winter nicely too.You don't have to worry about winter destroying your carpet either :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5401
haha i guess what gave me that impression is the first one i saw was bright yellow. probably pretty decent cars though.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2049
i almost feel bad for your kids if your putting 2 5200 18s in there....notice i said almost. :-)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3721
"i almost feel bad for your kids if your putting 2 5200 18s in there....notice i said almost"

Indeed! I get people now who stare into the back seat of my car and notice there is a carseat in there, lmfao. I never bump the music with my kids in there but fo sure they know when I get home from work Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1909
i like em. you can mod the sh!t out of the exterior as well

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 733
I really don't like it, I just think its ugly, and I like larger suvs. Most v6 suvs have less power than larger v8 counterparts, while getting similar (within 2mpg) gas mileage. Put an equal several hundred pound load in the back of either one and the larger vehicle will hold up to it better (suspension and mileage wise). To me it's worth going big. 2 5200s would be very nice though...

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3976
i'd rather get the real deal..

...get a land rover :-)

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3977
ftw
Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3722
Your also talking double the price^^^ and the FJ gets the same gas mileage as my GTP, non-supercharged and produces 237 hp (double overhead cam, 4 valves/cyl) 297lbs of torque so it is up there with some of the smaller V8's. Not looking for a rock climber, just something with more room and decent looks that would actually fit in my garage. If I wanted something big I would just get one of those suburbans or even an international , lOl Polo...

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 285
The FJ Cruiser is equipped with a pair of NXT SurfaceSound transducers, which convert the vehicle's ceiling into a speaker diaphragm. It marks the first time this technology has been used in a motor vehicle. The result complements the conventional speakers elsewhere in the vehicle, creating a broad, omni-directional dispersion of sound.

What does that mean?

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 739
I understand. I never said it wasn't a nice ride- I love toyotas new line up- especially the trucks. I got to meet one of their guys driving around a trailer with 10,000lbs of weights on it like the commercial and he said they'll be coming out with an suv on the same playing field in the next year or so. That would be great.

I'm getting ready to build my garage, so it'll be tailored to fit my vehicles ;) . I just don't like the styling, but if you do that's all you :-)

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 287
Has anyone heard of NXT surface transducers?

Read my post above...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3727
Do a search lots of good info! Polo.

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=NXT+surface+transducers&FORM=MSNH

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 288
I will when I get back to the office. I'm on my Treo right now, and the screen is just too small to read that much info.

Thanks...so would you have to disable that if you put a system in there?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3728
I would grab a spoon and dig in, yanking it all out! :-O Polo..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us