Random questions

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3743
1) ok i have a dual 8 box that i've been working on, its dual chambered .58cf each im using 2 1.5in ports tuned to 40hz roughly 4sq inchs of port area per chamber, anyway i was wondering what would happen if i put a "port" in the divider to connect to two chambers, sorta like an abc box but its just two seperate chambers? the subs each have their own port and airspace. i really don't see any advantage in doing it but figured i'd ask anyway.

2) when setting your amp using a dmm do you figure it before imp. rise or after? before imp rise my subs are around 1ohm so on my amp i would need around 34volts but after imp. rise the subs are 1.5ohms, this is a genralization since the rise changes with different hz's, so using 1.5ohms i would need close to 42volts to get 1200wrms, so which do i use? right now its around 35volts using a 30hz tone.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1712
What subs are you using?

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3744
for what? i don't have any 8's yet im making the box for my sister. but in my ride i have 3 AA atlas 15's svc4, well really svc3.5 but you get the idea.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 462
what subs are going into the box that you have been working on?

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3752
haven't decided yet, im thinking re8's or some kicker cvr's somethng cheap and low rms. why you have some for sale?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6976
Well if you put a port in the divider its sharing both chambers. So it will function like three ports in a box with no divider because you will have to cut out the divider to put the port in.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3757
ya so would i gain anything from it? i know i'll gain some cf but i'll probally loose it when putting the pvc pipe in to displacement.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 746
Sorry a lil off the topic but what do you think about those atlases?

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3759
love them a lot, best sounding subs i've ever heard, better than jl w6 IMO, get very low and sound very tight on kick bass, and they have an adjustable qts vc, to adjust it from high to low qts depending on the enclosure their in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us