Fuses and fuse holders

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 485
ok i need a new fuse holder i was woundring if i got a ANL fuse is that better than a glass fuse and whats a good company to go with

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1943
i think yes...and actually i have a 0/1 gauge 300 AMP Kicker ANL for sale if ya want it...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3570
ANL fuse and holder is the way to go.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 486
i already have the wiring i just need a new holder how much for just the fuse and holder

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1043
What size wire are you running and size fuse do you need? You can always find them cheap on eBay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=ANL+fuse&c ategory0=

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 489
2 guage but not sure i will have to check in the moring

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 106
ANL is the better choice, you'll find that the glass fuses aren't too widely available and where you do find it they won't be that big. I was looking around for a glass fuse myself but i couldn't find anything bigger than 80amps.

Silver Member
Username: Aaronjp1990

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 138
nail :D

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 594
how do you install an ANL fuse?

me = not too familiar with electrical

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 941
In an ANL fuse holder. Should be obvious when you have them side by side. I made a 120 amp fuse out of a couple metal plates, a block of wood, and a pair of 60A AGU fuses. If you want more info, I'll post the steps and a couple pictures of the finished product. It has less than .1 of an Ohm resistance.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 598
pics

Silver Member

Post Number: 942
Upload
Upload
Just ask if you want instructions.

Silver Member

Post Number: 943
Even though the side of one plate is rusty, I cleaned up both of the larger faces on each one.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 600
well I meant, how do you install ANL fuses that are sold at retail stores, not rigged ANL fuses, no offense....

Silver Member

Post Number: 944
None taken. That would be a rigged AGU fuse holder.

I said that it would be obvious when you had the fuse and holder together. Installation of the holder is simple enough: jam in wire, tighten screw, repeat.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 602
so there isn't some big bulker holder like would be used for most fuse holders that come in amp kits?

you just bolt it on basically?

Silver Member

Post Number: 946
In mine, yes I was able to bolt it right on. It is probably slightly larger than an ANL fuse holder though. Your battery might not have the posts close enough to the edge. If you can do it like that, you'll have fewer connections. It saved me $7.50 on ring terminals.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1052
ANL fuse holders are larger than AGU holders because you have to bolt the fuse down on each side both on the wire and on the fuse. You can't just plug these in an go.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 494
ok will i found a deal on some audionbah ANL fuses and fuse holders i think i am going to buy them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us