Stable Setup? Technical Ohm question...

Username: Chronichaze

Post Number: 2
Hello to all-
I recently bought my friends Audiobahn Flame Q12 Sub (AW1206T) and I already own an Audiobahn 2-Channel Amp (A8002V). Now, the Sub has dual 4Ohm Voice Coils, and is stable @ 2ohm or 8ohm operation. It is also rated to handle 1100watts RMS (with a 1600W peak I think).

The amp specs are:
200 X 2 at 4 Ohms Stereo
400 x 2 at 2 Ohms Stereo
800 x 1 at 4 Ohms Mono

I don't think my friend had his wired for bridged operation as he was running it off the exact same Amp, except his was a single-channel (A800T) with the only operation mode being: 800 x 1 at 2 Ohms Mono

My question is this:
Is my best bet to just run an output to each Voice Coil? (400 x 2 at 2 Ohms Stereo) or would it be safe to run it bridged (800 x 1 at 4 Ohms Mono )?

I also have an Audiobahn 1-Farad Capacitor keeping the power regulated with all this (Audiobahn ACAP7P)...Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

I have a basic knowledge of system setups, but I haven't owned any DVC subs before, so I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to figuring out stable Ohm operations via wiring.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2123
You have to wire it to one channel at 2 ohms. So the sub will be receiving 400rms. If you were to wire each coil to its own channel, each coil will get 200rms, so the sub would still be only getting 400rms.

Username: Shinobiteacher1

Oklahoma City, Ok U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
You could connect the coil in paralell and the run your amp in bridged mode. It'll put out @ 1200 watts.
Its not suppose to but mine does.
Im running the same set-up. Just be careful, at that power level it turns into an acoustical hammer.
Pushing over 125+ dBs

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 233
dont run that amp at 2ohm mono it will fry eventually
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us