OT...Another Ticket :-(

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 269
I just got another ticket!?!?!? 88 in a 65. I think I already have 3 points...that means I could loose my license with this ticket. I feel like cr@p.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5486
"I feel like cr@p."

And you should feel like sh1t.Anyone who doesn't learn from their mistakes is just plain stupid.I hope they take your license away before you kill someone or yourself.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6558
If you go to court and not settle right away, they will make you a deal on fines and points. Just don't go all the way, cause then the cop will show up and you will lose.
Anyhow, it's much worse in Canada now. They made a new law, where, if you travel 50kmh (around 32mph for you guys) over the limit, they take your car away, suspend your license, get fine of $2000 - $1000 (depending on the cop's mood), and go to court.
Talk about being ghey. Somehow, the governments in Canada think we're all morons and idiots that can't think for ourselves. They also rob us blind with new taxes every year, cry wolf when it comes to budget, saying there no money left, then they go on spending spree near the fiscal year end (justify their big budget). Worst of all, at the end of the year, they have billions and billions of dollars left over. However, it's always the same old BS when a new year starts. No money for anything, so they vote to raise taxes.
Just be glad you guys don't have politicians like the ones we have here. You'd probably have a riot or something.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5489
Lol Isaac.I'm sure politics are much worse here.

"If you go to court and not settle right away, they will make you a deal on fines and points. Just don't go all the way, cause then the cop will show up and you will lose."

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.His fines have been set already and he will have to pay them.There is no negotiating on this sort of stuff.Matter of fact,he may get charged another fee for "Wasting the court's time" they've been doing that sort of thing to repeat offenders lately from what I hear and I think it's with good reason.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 715
If it's here in the states you can go to the court and ask for a break. 25mph+ over and it's reckless driving = you could lose your license.

My first ticket was when I was 15, I was going 70+mph in a parking lot (25mph), in the evening in the rain, ran 3 stop signs. I thought nothing of it because it was an empty lot, but a cop followed me and gave me a ticket for it. If it wasn't for my mom going to court with me and crying about how I had to help my dad with cancer drive to charleston I wouldn've lost my license instead of having a clear record. I learned from that though, and was afraid to go 5mph over for months. I still rarely go more than 7 or 8 over.

If you can't learn from your mistakes you give them no choice but to take your license.

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 270
Before I get to hammered by everyone, we need some perspective...

I drive around 50000 to 70000 miles/year in my company truck w/logo decals. I have been ticket free for 8 years. That's roughly 400000 miles without a ticket. We recently incorporated and changed our logo, so I removed the decals off the truck so I could have them changed to the new logo. With my driving schedule, I have not got the new logos yet. 2 weeks after the logos came off is when I got the first ticket, then I got hit by a red light camera, then my speedometer died (I have receipt) and I got a speeding ticket, and then this one tonight...speeding again.

My conclusion...logos = no tickets for 8 years.

No logos= Cops treat contractors differently. To a normal guy, they SVCK!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 718
So the logos give you the right to break the law? lol. Thats exactly how that came out imo. I drive over 50,000 miles a year in my personal vehicle, with my last ticket being when I was 18 (almost 4 years now). The only ticket I have against my record was a BS ticket because they dropped the speedlimit out at my g/fs house 20 mph, and I didn't notice.

I'm just saying maybe it's catching up to you for all the years you weren't caught driving how you appearantly do.}

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 427
my sister was saying what u do is, over-pay ur ticket and when they send u the money back that u over paid, shred the check and it won't show on ur record. DO NOT CASH THE CHECK

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 271
I'm not saying I didn't deserve the ticket, I am constantly speeding, usually 10mph over. Last night was the exception...I had an emergency call at 12:30 am, and I was in a hurry to get there. The cop had instant on radar and hit me with it while driving toward me. I have a detector, but by the time I hit the brakes, he already had my speed.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6681
wreckless driving = automatic $1300 fine in VA....that does not include court fees or anything else.....feel lucky you arent in VA :-(

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 662
I just don't understand how people get speeding tickets.. i have 8 tickets (yes, 8.. lol) on my record, and have never ever gotten a single speeding ticket. I get pulled over, on average, about 2 time per month (no front plate in IL sucks.. haha) and have only ever been pulled over for speeding once. i just don't get it. you don't even have to obey the speed limit as long as your not an idiot. just scope out where the cops usually are in you area, and don't speed in those areas. it's so simple. oh yeah, i will also add i have never owned a radar detector. just be smart fellas!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6561
You know what would be great? Instead of a radar detector, why not invent a cop detector? That way, when you see a warning, you slow down. I think it'll sell better than a radar crap (don't work against a laser). It can also come in handy too. What if you needed a cop and didn't know if one was near. The cop detector could go off and give you some kind of idea how far it's away.
I should patent this idea?

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 664
sounds like brilliant idea to me.. you'd be rich as fluck if you could invent that! the only thing is.. how do you invent something that tracks cops cars? besides their radar, cop cars give of no other signals that regular cars dont give off.. you're talking some hi tich radar that can somehow bounce it's signal off something like the lights on top in order to ensure that it is infact a cop car. i know nothing about radar, or science for that matter.. lol. but i think that would be pretty hard to do.

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 272
How about no speed limits except in school zones. Gavin...I usually do scout for cops, but it was in the middle of the night, I was the only one on the road.

I say, instead of Radar or cop detectors, they should sell Radar JAMMERS! Give me something that screws up their radar gun's accuracy. That would be nice!

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2043
"You know what would be great? Instead of a radar detector, why not invent a cop detector?"

yeah lets just make a device that will let ppl know exactly when they have to get away so ppl can muder, steal, vandalize or commit w/e crime...you're talking about something that wouldn't be used for just avoiding speeding tickets, but would basically allow people to commit crimes as they please and not have to worry about getting caught. sounds like a pretty retarded idea to me.

i've been pulled over like 3 or 4 times in 6 years of driving, and have gotten 0 tickets. I do 5-15 over the limit often times depending on the circumstances. it's really not that complicated, just drive safely and intelligently and ur fine. there are places and situations where you'll get ticketed for going 3mph over, and there are places where you and every car around you is doing 10mph over and it's just accepted, the low limit is to keep ppl from going even faster.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6686
speed limit is just a suggestion around here

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 774
sorry for jackin ur thread but. yanks u got a pm

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6688
replied :-)

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 804
you do not need a license to drive. You need keys

Gold Member

Post Number: 5499
"you do not need a license to drive. You need keys"

What?That was a stupid post because I can say that you don't need keys,just a screw driver and hammer.

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 617
I engaged in a speed contest, which was a class B misdemeanor. I was prolly goin 80 or so in a 30 but i never got clocked. The cop never showed in court, but i still got $520 worth of fines, 20 hours of community service, my insurance rates will prolly double, and a year of probation... Hmmm... Needless to say, I guess I regret it..

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

MN US

Post Number: 163
bullshit charlie. i dont believe that. if cops dont show its an automatic mistrial. unless the cop has extenuating cercumstances theres no way you can be charged without the procecution being there.

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 618
I have no reason to lie about this... I have a copy of the police report and fines/penalties... I admitted to engaging in a speed contest when I signed my name on some random paper that night. I dont know the specifics, but there were a handful of others in there, and not one cop was in there, other than one for a delinquent who had to be brought in in cuffs and shackles.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2066
haha i got a 101 in a 60. at 16. not to happy with me.. hy po was pisssed at me. lol. so was my dad. at the end, we got it dismissed and re filed a misdemeanor, which went away in 6 mons, 6 mos probation, 600 dollar court fine, 420 dollar traffic ticket, 10 hrs community service, plus i couldnt drive for like 2 months. luckily my dad knows the state prosecuter and called him, or i would have SOL

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6715
damn chase....41 over?!? been there myself but i was on a back road where cops dont go....your lucky your dad knows that guy man....every mph over 90 you get caught doing in VA, is one day in juvie/jail....

Username: Racerdude15

Indianapolis, Indiana USA

Post Number: 9
"I say, instead of Radar or cop detectors, they should sell Radar JAMMERS! Give me something that screws up their radar gun's accuracy. That would be nice!" -G-Love

sorry buddy somebody already beat u to the idea.......
http://www.laserveil.com/radar/jammers/

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 279
^ Link didn't work.

But, I did find jammers, but also found that if caught its a felony in CA.

I also found out in CA the points system works like this:

The following could result in loss of license:

4 points in 1 year
6 points in 2 years
8 points in 3 years...

I think I'll be OK, I think I'll be @ 5 points within the 2 year period.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us