:-(

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6662
well guys, i just heard arod has opted out of his contract with the yankees....very disappointing to hear

he'll be a free-agent and the yankees said they will not pursue arod if he opts out....

this is qiute possibly the worst weekend of my life now.....first the saturday nite incident with that lady (which btw i couldnt find anything in the paper) to arod opting out to having money in the bank which i cant spend.....sh1t sucks

one positive tho, i beat chad in fantasy :-)

first one didnt show up....?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1428
sucks about Arod home boy and hey atleast you got "MONEY IN THE BANK"

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10510
I just heard also:-( I am hoping that cashman saying they will not pursue him was just a sorry tactic to try and threaten him into staying and they get his azz FAST!

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 656
I've heard of talks with the Cubs for arod? say it ain't so... what a waste of talent if he went there.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6665
i wouldnt put that past him longo....we got some crazy goons in our front office lol

but rayray, having money in the bank is useless if you cant touch it

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6666
gavin the talks with the cubs are a joke and nothing more....the cubs were gonna give him an absurd contract and part ownership of the cubs but the MLB shut that last part down very quickly

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10512
I hope so

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6667
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3084583

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 658
good deal.. he needs to go somewhere where he has the talent around him to win a world series, and his mvp seasons don't go to waste. and where he can continue on his chase to break barry's record and get that d-bag out of the record books.. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2985
a-rod + red sox = back to back champions?

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10513
I hope so

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10514
my post came at the wrong time I was saying I hope so to Yanks not to Reece's god awfull statement of A-rod going to the g@y sox!

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 659
even with arod i'm sure the red sox would still try to play victim about everything.. haha.

unfortuantley, they probably just sealed the series with that homerun.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2120
I dont think The Yankee's saying that they wouldnt deal with Arod was a scare tactic. I believe it has to do with the Yankee's not getting the $25 mil from the Rangers cause he opted out.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6669
hopefully we go after miguel cabrera

dude is dirty

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10515
yeah he is:-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6671
i think hes a free agent this year if im not mistaken

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2997
I don't know what the big surprise is... I told you weeks ago he was going to sign with the Giants. He is p!ssed at the dismissal of Torre, and unsure what kind of team the Yankers will field in '08 with all of the free agents. I like the guy a whole lot better because he stuck it to the Yankoffs to the tune of $25 million and let them know that he and others are not happy with Torre leaving and Steinhitlers henchmen stepping in. Good for him.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2040
if the yankees hire mattingly it'll go down as one of the worst hires ever and send the yankees into a horrible drought.

hope the cubs don't get a-rod. i'd rather see them get mark cuban lol. first we need an owner who actually wants to win and is passionate about the game like mark. not one that's comfortable with being the "loveable losers" and making money just because chicagoans/cub fans love going to that old park.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15589
hahahaha you suck yanks fan. lol.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 660
mattingly was a great player.. but i agree with pit, he would/will make a horrible manager.

although, i do have an autographed pennant of him.. maybe if he gets the job it will go up in value.. lol.

all that matters is that LaRussa stayed with the Cards baby. We will be a force again next year.. our outfield is going to be sick, carpenter will be healty, and hopefully rollen stays off the DL.. let rollen go and pick up Lowell? or even Arod? dream big i guess.. haha.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2370
ive heard talks of the cardinals. thats a world series with another solid pitcher in the rotation....

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 661
I think the cards are going to take a stab at Carlos Silva, although i'm sure others will too, he's pretty solid. Carpenter and Silva together and all you really need is the rest of the starters to be solid. there really is so much talent on our pitching staff.. we just need one other guy to step up and have a real break out season. not to mention isringhausen is still one of the best in the business.

oh i've also heard they might be looking at schilling, so long as he doesnt retire. big mistake, in my opinion.

but with the names they have on that team, theres really no excuse for anything but another world series run next year.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6675
its not so much im surprised brad, its more disappointment

and chad, dont be bitter cause i beat you lol

anyway, they've basially made their decision on who will be the manager....and thats joe girardi

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6680
well....no surprise but Joe Girardi is officially the manager of the yankees
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us