What should I get my box tuned to?

Bronze Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 30
}Ok still deciding on fisher customs or woodlawn cabinetry but for loud and good sql what specs should I get my box at here is a spec sheet on the BL

Ported box: 1.8-2.5 cuft @ 30-37Hz
Sub OD: 12.500

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6646

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9024
What kind of car do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6895
yeah go like 32 or 33 hz id say that way you an catch pretty much any musical note I used to like 35 hz daily but its not low enough for some music

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
}Ok 32hz but what size box like how many cubes... I have a 05 toyota camry idk how big I can fit but what's an ideal size for loud sql

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9025
I would go 2.5 @ 36hz. My BL seemed to like higher tuned boxes. It sounded more musical in them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
What's musical sound bcuz I listen 2 rap music. Do u mean like this is a bad example but on a not the bass on my L5's is like buuuuurrrrrr and a more musical sub would be like booooooom. I kno I kno its a stupid example....

Gold Member

Post Number: 6898
man you live in harrisburg were in york pa

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
}Who is we?? And thts cool represent central pennsylvania you got anything good for sale?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2366
one of mah bestfriends lives in lancaster and i was born in camden and lived in southwest philly til i was 4. SWP

Gold Member

Post Number: 6901
me and my bro Scott s just an sq sub a diyma refrence 12 60 plus shipping and my bro has a phoenix gold ti elite 12 for sale but I forget the price its in the for sale section

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 362
Dwight,

Did i hear right your in Harrisburg? If so, that put you about 1 hr & 45 mins from me in Willow Grove, PA or about 1 1/2 miles from the willow grove naval air base.

If ya decide to order from me and you being that close, bring it right to your door, no charge.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 251
we should talk i might be int. in a flare port box

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 690
ok wut about for 2 12" bl's? my car is grand prix 1997 gt 2 door. and width of trunk is 36 and heigth is 17 max, and depth is i tink 46. i listen to all par so wut would u guys consider on teh hertz? and cu ft?

Bronze Member
Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 64
jk you know where jerrys corner is at in southwest philly I have a shop there

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 615
I like 30-33hz best....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5523
You better have some serious power if you want it to be loud at such a low tuning.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 950
Yeah 3KW minimum probably. Any lower and there's better subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
Scott S,

No problem, btw, York Pa ain't that far either.

When your ready let me know.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 693
wait so would it be better to hav eit liek 45hz with 3000 rms to teh 2 bl's sinc ei listen to rap and want it rea lloud?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3718
You need to look at the subs specs.... A sub with a lower FS and Higher Xmas will be able to reach below its set tune. Sooo say you tune your box at 35hz, with a FS of say 30hz and an Xmas of 30mm+ each way you will have no problem hitting below its set tune of 35 hz. My TC 5200 with its extreme BL, low FS and high Xmas in a box tuned around 38hz still hits 30hz like it was second nature, lOl. Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 694
yea but i have no idea hwo to make a box liek that teh xmax is 21 mm i know that . i just want somethign that wil it low and sound good again i wil have 2 bl's and ta92001 mtx amp. so how do i know what to tel someone if they mak eme a custom box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Yea I'm buying the same amp and subs I'm getting my box designed by woodlawn as we speak. I'm getting my box tuned at 33 hz and u can't tune it at 45 hz the specs say 30-37 hz}}}

Silver Member

Post Number: 366
Dwight,

Just because Fi Audio recommendation is 1.8 - 2.5 @ 30 - 37Hz is not a carved in stone recommendation.

He!!, I build a series of enclosure's for Chevy Avalanche's & Caddy EXT's and those enclosure's are no where near the recommended spec's set by the subwoofer manufacturer.

By no means are they bass spl hitting monsters, but they do hit tight, hard and loud.

So, just because something is not recommended doesn't mean it cannot be done, just don't set your expectations high if it's not all that and box a of crackerjacks.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 342
I dont think that box will fit in your trunk, unless your back seats fold down. My box is 30"long x 24"wide and 12" tall (my box lays flat w/sub firing up) this caused me to have to build my box @35hz instead of 32 which i originally wanted. The thing to watch for is that where the tail lights are, the body is curved in. Also the trunk lock sticks up and the top of the trunk is curved around the bottom of the back glass, and that kills alot of options for boxes too.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 696
dwight

woodlawn is rite. but yes people say that i fi want my s.it to hit low to tune teh box highe rliek 45 hz. wel what abou tif it was 35hz? wil it stil hit loww..??? and ( SomeDonnieDude) are you talking to me? about teh trunk inside curves and at the top by window it does too? if so yes it does and what do u think would be better.. subs facing up or firing towards teh openeing of trunk liek normal? and is tha tthe specs of ure box in a grand prix??? get back to me on that somedonniedude

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 698
and ye si plan on gettign teh big three with 300 amp alt and kinetic batts hc1400 hopefully thatl be good with 1/0 wiring so if that snot good enough power then idk what to do better. and what do u mean ( CAM) Yeah 3KW minimum probably. Any lower and there's better subs??? what u mean by better subs? yeah for teh sam eprice??

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
I always leave the center cupholder/armrests in the middle of my backseat down (dont know if this will effect how anything sits when its sealed up). My last system was 2 12" in a sealed box, and they seemed to hit the hardest firing back w/ box in the center of my trunk and they hit about the same firing up as well. With my 15" in a ported box, it is facing up and its pretty loud. They never seem to hit hard in my car when facing forward.
But then again im only running about 850wrms compared to you running 3k.
I have a 98' grand prix se (same body i believe) and those are the dimentions of my box w/ sub firing up.
You could probobly add a couple of inches all the way around, but that would be about it.
I assume aero ports will save alot of space too, figuring my box is all wood.
I would build a box out of cardboard and see how that fits in your trunk, and that should give you a good idea of what your options are.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12460
if either fisher customs or woodlawn cabinetry is building ur box i'm 101% sure they will give u good advice & a top box design too .....

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 704
rovin

no i havnt talked o tthem yet hwo much do they run a decent box? and thanx (somedonniedude).. be going ported and no aero ports all wood. i just wana know what would be btter firin gup or firing forward? idk if you know but im just asking

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 645
why don't you just email him and ask?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 344
Firing up imo.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 705
ok but wouldnt that make teh trunk lid more shi..tty sounding?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3729
If you have a grandprix the best for deep bass is subs and port back about 4" from the back. I have a grandprix and I have been about every route possible with this car. Eliminating the trunk seems to be the loudest so far. Polo.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 706
sweet polo.. so when u say port back u mean port towards when u open trunk u can see right?nd box 4" up from the trunk.? and eliminating meaning in teh backseat? thanx polo . i need someoen to tlak to abou tteh grand prix and finaly someone has one ..

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3739
Ya all the way back to about 4' from the lid. This helps eliminate cancellation, dynamat the lid really well! Deletion of trunk is just sealing off the trunk from the cabin like this> Polo...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/Master_Safe_Cracker/proto14.jpg

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 708
ok wel i aint deleating my back seta loks sloppy and to much work. plus i lik ehaving friends with. anyways my garbd prix is a 97 . and i am sure teh dimensons are 37 wide 17 height and forgot teh depth.anyways.. u confuse me bout the 4" back from lid.. i aint using dynamat either i wil get adead or sumthin else. anyways wut u runnin for a alt and battery? i think i understand what u mean 4" from teh lid though liek when u open it the box is 4" inside rite?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3741
lOl, ya, sloppy? My back seat go back up... My charging system consists of an Iraggi 300A amputator series alt, running an external regulator @ 16V, two 2200 CCA 16V batteries plus a BatCap 8400, 16V. I am also running a TC 5200 in a 4.5cf, 50sq in of port enclosure tuned to 35hz powered by a DD Z1a . My cmponents are cadence CVL's both a set of 5.25's and a set of 6.5's up front powered by a Kicker 900.4 (on 12V). HU is a pioneer premier 980BT. Here is a link to some of my vids, BTW this is my work vehicle sooo, you know. :-O

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHwGeVg5tDM

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 710
ohh i c. i am gettign that alt too. wuts an external regulator? and a bat cap?and how ar eu runnign 6.5's? in back? i know teh 5 1/4 in front but how di du put them in teh back? and howd fit 6.5 in the front. and u say there hooke dup to 12v what do u mena? lol wle i liek it allot . its like 2 time slouder than when i had 2 10"kickers in my car and 100x better sounding and way clearer with teh componants. nice job. sry bout teh ?'s but i wana learn. and how much do those componants run?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 711
ok i foudn them on ebay for $79.00 .. it comes with 2 speakers 4 tweets 2 crossovers and 2 bullets. ok why does is say you put teh bullets in teh speaker and 2 tweets? wut is teh bullet even for? and ures are teh CVL s553 right? the 5.25 inch ..?

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 345
I agree with polo. Thats how my setup is, except due to my box and setup, im about 3" away. What he meant was 4 inches from the back of the trunk in general.

Do your back seats fold down? I have a 98' grand prix se & my back seat is permanent. The only hole is is where the cup holder/armrests fold down in the middle in mine. If your back seats fold down then you can do a bigger box than what my dimensions are.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 712
no my seats dotn fold down and i dont hav eteh cupholder either. so wut specs would u reccamend for 2 12" bl's for teh box specs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us