Will this amp work for 2 BL's

Bronze Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 18
}Ok I wanted a good sql setup and I was refered to get Fi BL's so I'm going 2 go with 2 12" with the cooling option I was told not to get any options but I'm gonna run 1K RMS to each and I saw this amp on ebay for 300$ so I was wondering is this my best bet for the money:

Brand New 2006 HIFONICS BRUTUS BXI2006D MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIER

2000W x 1 RMS @ 1 Ohm Hifonics New Illuminated Heat-Sink Design With Blue LED Light Pumps Hifonics Blue Illuminated Logo Maxxsonics Illuminated "M" End Panel Logo Heavy-Duty Ultra-Fi?? MOSFETS Highly Efficient Super D-Class Amplifier Circuitry With Oversized MOSFET Output Fully Adjustable Accu-Cross?? Crossovers ??18dB Variable Bass Equalization @ 45Hz 180?? Variable Phase Control (15 to 35Hz) Dash-Mountable Bass Remote Control Included Variable 24dB Subsonic Filter Brutus Pulse Wave Modulated MOSFET EXVP (Exponential Vari-Power Supply) Twin-Turbo Torroid Coil Design HSMD Hifonics Surface Mount Design Balance Line Inputs for our 18-Volt Line Drivers RCA Line Output for Amplifier Daisy Chaining Power From The Gods Included

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 573
yes that will push them, but youd be better off with the bx2607d because it will end up giving them each about 1200 a piece, thats what scott recomends

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 716
^I'd give each one a 2006d. My brother has one on his 12" BL (pre bp-option) and I wouldn't say it's overpowered by any means. It will power them, but you'd be better off spending a bit more to get more power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
What about a hifonics bxi2607d. It does 2600RMS @ 1 ohm do you know anything about this amp.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3565
Those amps do not do their rated power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
}Ok what about the MTXTA92001 does tht do its rated RMS and if I got 2 dual 1 ohm BL's could I run them at 1 ohm to unleash the amps full power lol.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6921
between me and my brother we owned 4 mtx amps soon to be 5 (the 92001) all that had birth sheets produced the rated power or more and we had no problems

straight from mtx
3000 watts rms at one ohm at 14.4 volts

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/thunder92001.cfm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us