Need help on front door speakers

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 255
Baught some zapco front's but they are a qaurter inch too small can screw them in the stock door speaker place correctly, what can i do to make em fit? setup almost done that the only thing left basically will post up pics after completed.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1616
Get some spacers or somethin. What size are the Zapcos and what size doors you got?

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
a 92 camry, the stock door speaker pod can be unbolted off, the speakers are in the garage to lazy to go down now spent all day taking apart my car and cutting new wiring and craps and yea found out the speakers dont fit right even though crutchfield says "the size fits" on the speakers they sell at their site. I think they're the i-602 model door speakers. also how would i safely bolt by sub box down in my trunk, or any kind of antitheft solution?

Gold Member

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1617
Hmm if your fronts dont fit Id email Crutchfeild and tell them they dont fit. Maybe they will give you some spacers for free. As for your sub you can just bolt it down inside your box to the chassis of you car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
oops, i meant i looked for speakers on there first, but baught the zapco's elsewhere but it is the same size as what crutchfield says that would fit my car but doesen't i gotta make em fit because it's been 2 months since i baught them can't return em anymore. Also i got the fi shirt quotes 11$ shipped only got white color and none of the collar shirts come my size lol, gonna buy 2 shirts.

Gold Member

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1618
lol cool for the shirts! But for your speakers,what size are they? do they not fit depth wise or size wise? if they are to deep you can buy spacers and if theyre to small or big you can buy adaptors for them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 259
ya they fit in the depht wise but qaurter inch too small, and was pissing me off hella cuzz i spent 9 hours doing the knucktkoncepts fricking ring terminals and other crap, those things where so hard to clamp down on with my clamp and crap seem like it was 24k gold + steel i had to use a hammer on it + electric tape to ensure secure to it.But any way i can get around those damn zapco speakers to fit?

Gold Member

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1624
lol yea sometimes those crimp things dont work. But yea what size are your speakers and what size holes do you have in your doors?

Bronze Member
Username: Matt_uk

Post Number: 19
Adaptors are easy to get hold of, unscrew your old ones and replace them with new 'brackets' for your new speakers, thats how it works for us in Europe lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
ok u made me go down and get the specs, lol but they the zapco i-602. on the cutout sheet it says the speakers are 6.161" (156.5 mm). hope you or anybody can help me on this install, pics be up after it's completed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
also i didn't know zapco used watermarks on their cut out after seeing the cut out under the my ceiling lights while posting the other last message.

Gold Member

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1626
Hmm 6.161 speakers? Thats odd. You might have to make your own brackets for those. Im guessing your stock speaker holes are 6.5? You might wanna check out Crutchfeild.com or call them and ask for adaptors for your speakers/car. Hope everything works out for ya tho and let me know how those Zapcos sound,Ive heard mixed reveiws about them. Oh and are they coaxials or components?

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
i used crutchfield as a example, they said thier speaker they sell in the size same as the zapco's. so i baught the zapco's somewhere else. and they don't fit after i tried to install earlier. and the site says the same diamensions should fit to my vehichle. don't get confuesed now lol, all i need to know now is are there anyways to get these things fit? by bsaically the time i wake up?

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 315
if you have a caraudio shop see if they have any abs plastic and make a ring if they dont goto lowes home depot buy something plexi and do it with that put deadner on either one

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2033
kevin has a pretty solid idea. tell us how those zapcos sound after you get everything hooked up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us