Ot: my mcl

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

MN US

Post Number: 155
i think i might have torn my mcl... or atleast thats what i think it is.. i cant stand and raise my knee up towards my chest.. its on the underside of my knee towards the insid. a friend told me since its not in the joint it might be my mcl..... anyone got any idea?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2990
Yeah..... go to the doctor?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1615
lol yea we arnt doctors man. But hopefully you get some knarly pain killers.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2825
My brother fu(ked up his ACL or MCL not sure which one but his knee/leg was never the same.(weak)

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 156
i want ayin u wernt doctors. i was wondering if anyone has done the same thing and how theirs felt if they have done it.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 556
my acl and mcl were torn in one fowl swoop, so i cant differ from the two, it was just a whole bunch of pain

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2055
your medial (mcl) on the inside of your knee is "technically" harder to tear than your anterior(acl) middle of your knee you need your acl to cut and shift naturally. ive dislocated my knee cap and partially tore my mcl. my friend tore his acl. so hope tht helps. lol

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 157
lol. wow.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 158
yea its the inside of my knee. but like in the back. what symptoms did u have when u tore your mcl?

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 653
i tore my ACL about 6 months ago. when i first tore it, it didnt hurt that bad. then about 2 mintues later, i couldnt stand or walk or anything. however, after a few days i was able to move, walk, etc. pretty much normally. i couldnt do anything physical though.. your acl controls your ability to stop quickly and cut, things like that. take your knee cap, and try moving it should shift side to side and up and down about half an inch all ways. if anything more than that, you tore something. when i first went to the doc, he moved my knee cap like 3 inches the right and was like "uh.. yeah.. that's bad" haha.

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 445
i tore my ACL and it really effects yuor running as well as jumping. i couldnt jump for sh1t. i had surgery and i couldnt walk or anything normal for about 6 months. the surgery takes about 5-6 hours. They take and either give you a replacement or donor tenden. you can live without it but like a few other guys said it will effect your almost all your physical activities. it will get really bad as you get older and your knee will just buckle and give out on you for no apparent reason. the surgery cost me well over 25 grand for everything. thank god for insurance :-)

but definenly go to the doc

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 654
matt.. just out of curiousity, when did you have ur surgery?

for my surgery i was up and walking after about 3 weeks and full movement back after about 4 months.. but i did extreme physical therapy 3-4 times a week for about 4 and half months after surgery. also.. i had my hamstring grafted to make a new ACL.

oh and you're damn lucky.. mine came in at over 42 grand total.. haha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2062
ive never had knee surgery but had a 100,000 dollar ankle surgery last november, had surgery the 1st i got staph and it went downhill from there, it cost my dad i think 97,000 with insurance, thats all my doctor visits, which i sitll go to, my 10 day stint in the hospital and 5 surgeries.

as for partially tearing my mcl i couldnt walk for about 2 days after that i was back to normal i just wear a dial brace wen im cutting and what not.

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 159
holy sh!t

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10816
Wait. $97,000 with insurance?

What did I miss?????

A heart transplant is like $100,000.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2063
yeah u didnt missything paul, that was 5 seperate surgeries, like all the treatments for MRSA staph. i had to be in an isolated room and stayed in the room with all the machines for like 10 days cause they didnt want the infection in my blood stream. and that covers all the 45 trips to the doctors, 8 mri's, emergency room visit.. it was an ordeal, there was a point wher ei was running like 103.5 temp.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10821
Damn you're one expensive kid lol.

Now make it worth it!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2064
well i would, but i just had my second shoulder operation in a year, so tack on some more money, ive had 7 total surgeries in 1 year and 2 months. its been constant recovery

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1936
yea an mri is like 4 grand alone....

my brother had to have one or two and my parents got a bill from the hospital for 8 grand....

luckily for insurance, it was like 250 outta pocket, i can't imagine having to come up with 4 grand for a half hour mri.....ESPECIALLY when the flucking city bought the mri machine for the hospital...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10823
Bounce back son.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2065
im workin on it man, believe me lol

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 161
damn dude. i thought i had it bad... shattered my elbow 4 times, had my funny bone parcially removed and tacked down, shaved my tricep down. broke my neck and ruptured a disc in my back, 7 cuncussions(1 i almost died) 20 stitches in my face 2 seperated/ torn ligaments in my sholder and a fucked thumb and 4 broken ribs in my back. all in last 2 years... 3 mris... all sports related. but definetly no 100 grand... hhaa. i usually win at the worst injuries, im happy to let you take the cake on this one.. hahaha

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 446
i had my surgery just about three years ago...the night before christmas eve. i got out of the hospital on christmas eve. i went to therapy about two too three times a week. my tendon wasnt graphed i got a donor one. my recovery was hampered because i slipped one day at school and put alot more pressure on my knee than i should have and re-damaged my acl.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 447
sorry gavin i havnt been on in a few days

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 669
man that sucks.. i've been afriad to push too hard for exactly that reason. even though i'm back to like 95% as of right now, i still don't push it all the way. i think it's just as much psychological as it is physical in terms of getting over your injury and getting back to full speed.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 453
yea it sucks. i have had to get four cortizon shots since my surgery. i hate them...they find just the right spot in your knee and they push the needle in back behind the kneecap and they injected like 10 to 20 cc of cortizon. if you dont rest it for a few days it hurts cause your not use to the extra liquid. as of right now i am back to 100%

sorry for jacking your thread nick.

best of luck to you and go see the doc

Silver Member

MN US

Post Number: 165
no biggie dude. its an OT. lol.. this is kinda wat i was lookin for anyway. people to share there stuff so i culd compare.. btw went to doc. minor tear in my MCl and strained other ligaments in the back of my leg. already feels alot better.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 454
thats good its only a minor tear glad to hear its feeling better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us