Audiobahn A8000T Protect Mode HELP ME Anyone!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tylermoncrief

Post Number: 101
Okay, I took a chance and got this BS amp off of ebay...A8000T you know, Audiobahn Intake series. It was 40 bucks including shipping, so I took the chance

Okay, I got everything hooked up, Correctly and all... BUT! When I powered on the CD player, The amp came on, but it bumped my subs...Within every second. Like Sub...quiet...Sub...quiet ALL DAY

I unhooked the RCA's, And it still BUMPED the subs

I unhooked everything except the power, remote and ground....And the amp STILL stays in protect mode...And I replaced the fuses

Any Idea What It Could Be?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2964
whats the voltage at the amp? Jump the amps rem to the amps power. Does it still stay in Protect?
How many amps is your alt? Is the ground good? Proper size wire? What subs and at what ohm load are you loading the amp? What size fuses are in the amp? do you have a fuse under the hood on the power wire?
If you unhooked the rca wires and it still caused the subs to burp, they you may have a shorted coil in the sub or in the speaker wires. Check the coils with a multi meter for correct ohm load and conntinuity.

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
LOL...Whoa Whoa Whoa! You losing me here lol I dont know the Voltage AT the amp....And what do you mean by JUMP the AMPS remote tot he AMP power. Do you mean put the remote and power wire together in the same port?

I have no idea how many AMPS my alternator is, because this car was given to me by my brother!, They told me to use 4 AWG wire, So I got 4AWG wire connected. The fuses in the amp are 30A x 2

Yes I have a fuse under the hood, Its not blown either. The amp is 2 Ohm Stable, I got the subs wired into a 2 Ohm load. And the subs works perfect, Because I had my other amp hooked up to them and they throbbed..

Basically everything was working perfect, I just replaced the amp for more wattage

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
Subs are Kicker CVR 12's 2Ohms Models

The subss dont have anything to do with it, The AMP stays in protect mode, With just the Power, Remote & Ground connected!

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2966
By doing the jump, it will take the HU out of the problem. If it stays in protect still, its either the ground, power or amp. You can test power and ground with a meter.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
Okay....I did that right.....It amazed me, Because when I did the jumper trick...I heard the Intake fan running!

But it was still in protect mode, Withnothing else connected to it, But ground, remote, and power

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2971
should only have two wires going to it. Ground and the power. The power wire also connected to the amps rem terminal. You need to find the voltage at the amp and the grounds resistance. but I would lean towards a defective amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Yeah, Its only 2 wires connected is what I mean....Ground, Power, Then Power to Remote!

And yeah, I was leaning more towards defective amp. I kinda had a feelin that stuff was gonna happend...It was a 40 dollar amp anyway!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6556
The seller probably abused it. That amp isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I've tested and used the Intake series. As long as you stay within it's limits, it'll perform. The minute you overload it, it's as good as a fish on land.
FYI, you can usually buy a new amp of that model for around $125 - $150 new. So it's not like you got a great deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us