Kicker Rant

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3925
I'm not sure, maybe I'm just in a pissy mood but Kicker in general just pisses me off lol. Everyone now-a-days has kicker stuck up their @ss like thats the only thing car audio. I swear more and more thats all I hear and see and it is annoying.

Nothing against their wiring since for $82 shipped on ebay you can't beat it but everything else, screw it :-)

I'm just tired of kicker

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2955
they have nice customer service when it comes to warranty.
Bought a referb for $120, killed it, sent it in, and they sent out a NEW $280 sub.

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 78
well for the price,their stuff is pretty good.not eveyrbody has heard of DD,RE,AA,AQ,RD and treo to name a few.locally all thats available to most people is kicker,rockford or mtx.All i ever had was kicker till i stumbled across this site.now i got an audioque 2.5 15 and am happy with it.Kicker has the money to mass produce and advertise like no other company,i hate the fact that most,if not all their stuff is made overseas now,much cheaper for them,even audioque has jumped on the "made in tiawan"bandwagon"oh well,i'll keep buyin whatever fits my mood that year,and if its kicker,so be it,I can get 4 15s as cheap as 1 re or FI loader 15 and power them with less watts and still be loud.So mainstream or whatever you call em they are here to stay.My 1st system was kicker,and i still use their amps and love em.But I feel the same way about MTX as you do about kicker.No bad experience with them,I just dont like them or circuit city.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 194
kicker is cheap and loud...sounds like a good combination to me

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2988
Keeker sucks azz except for certain amps and like Kevin said, their HyperFlex wiring. I have been saying this for as long as I have been on this site. Tell anyone who truly knows audio that you have Keeker in your car and they will frown. Or if they are truly nice, just say "cool" and walk away wondering about you.

And David, ignorance is no excuse, and in fact ignorance is what has made Keeker the number one brand in the world for subwoofers. It's natural selection as far as I am concerned -- the stupid deserve sh!tty stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbTIrmZlSZY

Scan forward to 3:20.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2815
There is nothing wrong with kicker amps and CVX/CVR subs are decent.

LIVIN LOUD

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2740
wow brad, i just watched that whole thing nd all i can say is wow....i learned everything i need to know about life in 4:40 seconds. lmmfao!

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 466
to kill this whole kicker bash and its simple kicker has became so big for one reason and one reason only that they are cheap they are taking aim at teenagers wanting a system to try to get some girls in high school thats why kickers the crap right now you go to my old school ask them what infinity is re fi any of thoese brands they will say i dont know bascialy. and to stop you before you say you have kicker products the only reason i have them is becuzi was tired of driving arround to some old blown pepboy subs that my mom bought me for my bday. they were cheap and buy one get one free

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 730
well most any kicker amp is descent. the l7's are pretty descent subs if you dont overpower them. may sound like sh!t but my buddy had two l7 15's and was almost getting 150s on TL. Not to mention the soloX's will get pretty damn loud. but to go as far and say cvr and cvx's are descent is just simply ignorance. can get so much better for the money.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2820
Sonicelectronix.com

Kicker CVR 12" $75-$85 shipped

What can you get cheaper and better for that price?

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 733
get a NEW maw 15'' for 105 shipped. i'm sure you can find them used for lot less.
outpound any kicker cvr any day.

and im sure many people on here can find better cheap budget subs that will kick the cvr's azz for about the same price.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1607
I know alot of kickers stuff is good/decent but I dont really like Kicker either. its just the fact that,like jack or kevin said,that everyone has Kicker. I like to be differant and not go with "mainstream" stuff. I know from experience that kicker amps are awesome and the L7s get loud!!! And the Kicker Comps are good for the money but everyone around here where i live thinks Kicker and/or JL are THE best car audio companys around period.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2118
"well most any kicker amp is descent. if you dont overpower them. the l7's are pretty descent subs may sound like sh!t but my buddy had two l7 15's and was almost getting 150s on TL. Not to mention the soloX's will get pretty damn loud. but to go as far and say cvr and cvx's are descent is just simply ignorance. can get so much better for the money."

You do know that the CVX and L7 are the same except one is round and one is square...

All this coming from a guy who keeps saying he hit a 145 with 2 sealed p1 or p2 12's and when ever is questioned about it never answers.....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5383
wire and SX amps are all i would ever buy. zx and kx lines are good too though.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 734
dude honestly if you dont beleive me call the car audio place here in oklahoma city. intense audio off 59th n western. i just didnt get a pic of the TL readings.

just call them and ask about a kid and his girl coming in with a saturn sc2 with RF p2's hitting 145. im sure they will remember me because they were suprised when they saw the numbers i was putting up. it was about 2-3 weeks ago.

I think chase freeman knows the guys. he could prolly ask em too.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 735
i know what i saw and i'm not a liar. if you really want to prove a point call them and who knows, maybe they wont even remember me but don't talk sh!t to people you don't know.

you are just mad because you are giving two fi q's probably 3x the power and not getting a much higher number.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2030
saying kicker sucks compared to fi, re, dd and stuff is like saying that a honda or a toyota or w/e sucks compared to porsche or ferrari. they aren't really in the same league, kicker has a different target audience and their prices reflect that accordingly so i don't see what the problem is. Some people like music and want a loud or just better than stock stereo, but they aren't a full fledged audiofile. Others are more interested in the best, the latest, the highest quality etc.

different strokes for different folks. i say get mad at the SH!TTY brands who basically scam people every time they sell something cause it's such low quality.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5481
http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=9346&Season=2007&Pa ge=3
That guy does a 145.1 and he has 3600 watts RMS and two 9515s.He was at World Finals and placed in fourth.Jesse you should have been there since you can do a 145 in a sealed box,I'm sure you would have beaten everyone with a ported box.There's a good reason nobody believes you.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15573
hahaha pitbull. so you are saying kickers are honda or toyota and fi, re, and dd are porsche or ferrari? lol. i don't think so.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3934
every company has entry level subs .. so really each company markets their product for those who don't want to spend much..

people just buy kicker mostly for the name, not the cost..

because for the cost/markup on kicker.. you can get better equipment

but again.. they went the way fosgate went, flash and less build.. made in china ftw

whatever happened to stillwater

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2961
Another reason to hate Kicker...

Upload

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15574
honestly i don't see the point on rant about kickers kevin. everyone on this forum is talking about fi, re, or dd. when it comes to amp everyone talks about kicker cause it is one of the most reliable amps.

there is a shop where berny and i go to alot. they carry re and us amps. they are about to drop it cause of the poor customer service to the dealers and the products build. yes build. they get people that return their us amps cause it has too many problems.

dd amps.....where to start. there are a few competitors around here who used dd z1 and z2. those amp won't last unless you give it 16+ v. couple of guys were using it for daily and it crapped on him so he got a new one. it crapped on him again so he got a different amp.

my point is if people were caring about name brand, then they would just get jl audio or alpine. yes alpine. people think alpine is one of the best cause of the reputation they have.

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 253
whoa marc that your girlfriends? worth 30$ for looking like that now.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2962
Not mine, they were on Craigslist..But I thought it was pretty funny.

http://providence.craigslist.org/ele/454206135.html

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2119
Jesse, first, you still didnt know what you were talking about when talking about the L7 and CVX. You stated, "the L7's are pretty descent subs" then said ,"to go as far and say cvr and cvx's are descent is just simply ignorance." But in reality the L7 and CVX are the same sub except one is square and the other is round....

Next, I will say whatever I want to whoever I want whenever I want. And I will never be jealous of your P2's. If you knew anything, I am tuned at 30Hz...not an spl tuning....also the q's are sq subs. And if I wanted to get metered, I would. But thats not what I'm concerned about with my system so I havent.

Was this number achieved with a burp or on music? Where was the sensor placed? Windows up or down? And why are you selling them now if they are working so well for you?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10784
Marc, that sub is one of the most devilishly freaky things I've ever seen. I must drink bleach now.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 737
"That guy does a 145.1 and he has 3600 watts RMS and two 9515s.He was at World Finals and placed in fourth.Jesse you should have been there since you can do a 145 in a sealed box,I'm sure you would have beaten everyone with a ported box.There's a good reason nobody believes you."

I understand rob. I was amazed at my number also.

"Next, I will say whatever I want to whoever I want whenever I want. And I will never be jealous of your P2's."
They belong to my girlfriend.

"Was this number achieved with a burp or on music? Where was the sensor placed? Windows up or down? And why are you selling them now if they are working so well for you?"

They put in some USAC (or something like that) CD which played tones from like 1-100. I do beleive I was at track 46 (46hz) when I hit the 144.9/145.0. I said legal, therefore the car was NOT RUNNING and all windows were up. Mic was on the windshield.

For selling them my girlfriend is getting a new car and likes her trunk space. I don't like the subs. I myself tried them tuned at my liking, 33hz, and they didn't perform well. So I ended up giving them to her.

Oh and I'm not a spl competitor. Never been to a comp, never really care to go. Just had the money and was d!ckin around so I decided to test a TL.
There you have it.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2967
for got about this one....
Yea, it was mine. Long round port design box

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1621
lol nice enclosure for that sub! Prolly sounds better in there then in a regular box!

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 260
the "Girl" who owned this must've been
"HOT".
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us