Bandpass box help

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Jackson, TN

Post Number: 265
i am trying to help my friend design a 4th order bandpass box for three 15" ssd's. he is going to do a blowthrough. i was thinking the sealed boxes should 4 cubes and the front chamber should be 12? sound right? what should it be tuned to though? around 68?

Bronze Member
Username: Treez

Post Number: 86
Those designs are pretty tricky and requires a great deal of accuracy and patience, but once you get it right they can sound really good...

At first they'll sound like crap, but when the suspension loosens you'll be blown away..

I used an epicenter on my last bandpass setup, slowly adjusting the sweep until i got the desired frequency. I actually had two boxes built. The first tuned at 80 hz and the second at 55hz. Suprisingly, the former had greater impact.

Check ur gains, as you'll not be able to tell when the sub's are distorting, which will shorten their lifespan drastically.

I personally think they're too time consuming, but goodluck....

After going ported i never turned back...

Username: Johnperdeye

Brandon , Ms Usa

Post Number: 7
depends on what ur doing with this....what frequency u want it tunned at....the subs also can effect it u need a sq sub in a 4th order cause of the fs

Silver Member

Jackson, TN

Post Number: 267
i have done my fair share of ported but he doesnt want to cut a huge whole in the wall of his truck. so bandpass is the only way.

Silver Member

Jackson, TN

Post Number: 268
sq sub in a 4th order? i dont know about that bro. maybe you are thinking of a t-line. i had 80 on ca.com do me up a box for two 18" bl's for a blowthrough in my truck. and he knows alot about bandpass enclosures. having a sq sub will change the sound, but it isnt necessary to have one in a 4th order.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6880
you can start with this program ill see if I can find more

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?pageid=newdriver

Gold Member

Post Number: 6881
http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/ajbandpass.php

Silver Member

Jackson, TN

Post Number: 270
thanks bro. i used the first one you put up and these are the figures i came up with.

rear chamber(sealed) - 16.84 cu.ft
front chamber(ported) - 7.91 cu.ft

here is what gets me though. its says that i need to tune it to 34.75 hz? just doesnt sound right. every 4th order i have ever seen plans for have been tuned somewhere around 68hz depending on application. i am going to try the other program and compare. the only bad thing about the second program is that it doesnt allow for me to put in the use of the three subs instead of just one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6884
heres another

http://colomar.com/Shavano/4thorder_info.html

Silver Member

Jackson, TN

Post Number: 271
on the second program the results were the same.
only .1 difference between the two. so i guess that is what i am going to stick with. does this seem right? porting it to 34.75hz? port is going to be long as fck

Brandon , Ms Usa

Post Number: 8
thats because ur rear chamber is wayyyyyyyyyy to big...yea sq subs with bandpass u need a high q and very efficent sub thats why a lot of people use a sq sub...thats what i run in mine and its doing over a 160db on 1000w

Silver Member

Jackson, TN

Post Number: 272
160 on 1000w? ok bro. you got any pics of your score? where you on a tl or ac? what kind of subs you using and what amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6885
you can try the third program.....I dont know your specs so I cant help you

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_coleman

Post Number: 14
Go to USACi and look at state records for Mississippi you will find his score there. 161.4 I believe.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6887
you can delete your post in your profile

Silver Member

Jackson, TN

Post Number: 275
yeah got it taken care of. sorry bout that john.

sean that last program was a little off. but thats for the help bro. i am just waiting to hear from 80. he has been pretty busy lately so i dont know when he will get around to it. hopefully soon.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5474
That 0-1000w is your 4 ohm rating correct?Unless you're running your amps at 4 ohms that's more than a 1000 watts right?This is assuming you have a non regulated PSU.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6889
no problem Liqdfire3 glad I could help

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 79
glad to hear someone else is doing a blwthru.I did mine back in feb and am now getting ready to change my box.I have had good success with bandpass boxes in the past.some actually had pretty good sq.Only problem i found with them,in a reg.cab truck,like my blow thru is that when its all sealed up,it cancels out and has very limited spl compared to running it with windows down or doors open.I may try one with my 15 soon.Wow 3 15s ought to really slam,and with the efficiancy of bandpass boxes,he wont need 1000s of watts of power.maybe 1000-1500.

Brandon , Ms Usa

Post Number: 9
yes 1000 at 4 ohm...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us