How do i.....

Bronze Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 39
how do i install more speakers then my deck has wires for...do i just splice the speakers into the already existing speaker wires or can i buy more wires to put it??

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 936
No.
Gonna have to get an amp man. Unless you got 2 ohm speakers, wire em in series.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 937
Do some research.
bcae1.com
caraudiobook.com

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3557
You can't put more than 4 on an HU. You will have to get amplifiers for power additional speakers.

Splicing them will not work, and will likely fry your HU's internal amp due to the impedance being too low.

Bronze Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 40
alright thanks every one...i think what i will do is get 2 8" l7's and use my zx750.1 thats just laying around...

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1422
i know they are right and im wrong lol but i have 4 6.5 speakers 2 5.25 speakers and 4 tweeters all hooked up to my HU lmfao and it sounds awesome

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5455
"i know they are right and im wrong lol but i have 4 6.5 speakers 2 5.25 speakers and 4 tweeters all hooked up to my HU lmfao and it sounds awesome"

Nice.A bunch of under-powered speakers FTW.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3709
Well... you could always run underpowered speakers.... since most HU's wont do more then 50rms .. you could try to drop it to half the ohm load (paralel) with another equal ohm speaker but that might blow some fuses and take out your HU

Get a 4ch Amp.... run 2 sets on each channel ;)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5458
"since most HU's wont do more then 50rms .."

What head units are you talking about that do 50 watts RMS?Maybe combining all 4 channels...also,what's the point of running under-powered speakers?Why not run properly powered speakers and get good imaging?A lot of people say "It sounds good" but a lot of people haven't heard what good sound actually is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3715
ok rob... let me fix that for you 45RMS

Happy :-)

Well underpowering speakers ussualy retains alot better SQ... but without enough power its barely audible over bass... and running speakers from a HU isnt good quality... always need a amp if you want the best sound out of them... maybe he just wants to look cool and have a car full of speakers.............. all running from the HU ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3716
wait maybe im to tired now that i think about it.... i think its 50watts\25rms typically hahaha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us