Down firing box

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 72
anyone had any experience with them.i got my aq 2.5 15 firing straight into my s-10 cab thru a 12X32 inch blow thru.i got the port side firing into a resenence chamber or just a maze of 45 degree tirns to bring the sound into the cab.I'm getting ready to order a new deck and amp and im gonna change the enclosure also.I just want some low flexin bass(which seems hard to do with forward firing subs.so downfiring would be my next easiest to build and design.rear firing would be ideal but it would be a monster of a box cuz id have to build my 5 cubes(gross vol) then build an enclosure around that to get the sound back into the cab,prolly 2 sheets of mdf and half my truck bed.lot of work just to get lower tuning.im tuned at 40hz now,my box really starts to loose it under 35,so im thinkin of tuning to 35 or 33 in a downfiring box.hopefully i can put a pic of my current set up on here.it hits hard and is sealed to the cab(although it dosent appear to be)i just want lower response,and like i said that seems hard to do with a forward firing sub.well i cant find the pics yet.my other username was livin'loud if any1 can pull up old posts theres pics on the i think.so with all that said..to down fire or not.

Silver Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 142
no downfire, just tune like 30 hz firing in... ull get flex trust me, i had a 2.5

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 76
thanks ogle.thatd be much easier to build.is 5 cubes after port and sub disp. too much? 5 cu w/80 in of port 28 inches long ought to get the tuning close to 30,maybe someone could help me with that on here so i dont have to bug Mr.Langford.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 580
here is my down firing 3 cubes, single 12"
Upload

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Imnothereimjustvisiting

Post Number: 143
i wouldnt go 5 cuft... its a little on the big side. id go more like 4cuft