New Box

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3907
Just trying to think of some ideas.. was messing with sketchup and came up with this..

Upload
Upload

I want to fire the port into the cabin but the only way i can do that is through the center section that folds down.. And firing the sub up

I could do a similar design firing the sub back towards the back of the trunk but above where the sub would be firing up is a cutout for a factory sub which later on I plan on removing and putting an aero port through the rear deck to get the front phase of the sub while the rear phase fires through the center

With the setup like this i can have my amps on the front along with my audiocontrol eqs

If I fired the sub back and port through the center section i'd have to notch the box on the passenger side on top for a bulge the seatbelt creates there... but then im stuck finding somewhere else to mount the amps.. which i could do in the floor

And of course there is always sealed.. which ive never been fond of :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 3908
It is a bad sketchup i know.. that port is a 6" Aero flared to 9.5" .. i can't make flared ports lol :P

There is that option or just making a slot port to fill that rear section that folds and building a plug for when i wanted to do my SQ

I figured the aero would be easier to plug :-)

Not only that i could retune easy, make an elephant nose off the box and see how my spl is, ect

still could do the slot port, not sure which way to do yet

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7054
eeeeeeew port noise will be a b1tch

Gold Member

Post Number: 3909
how so? aren't aero ports suppose to make port noise a minimum? :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7055
yup if you keep in mind and check the port velocity of the port.... even tho focusing your ears on the port more port noise than usual :-(

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 425
i always wanted to doa box similiar, where i run the aero ports into the cab throu the rear deck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3915
well.. its either a 6" Aero flared to 9.5" through the center section.. or a 8"x12.5" slot port

only downfall to the slot port is i'd have to build a few ports if i wanted to swap them out.. aeros are easier to swap out

i'll be doing 3 things with the setup.. SQ, Port Wars, and Daily .. might do SPL just to see what I can get on the meter..

It is a lot to ask for one setup but all is possible.. sealed for the SQ .. small/long port for port wars, High tune for SPL and low tune for Daily
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us