HIFONICS amps???

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 634
ok if i was using 2 fi bl's would a hifonics amp pound them if i got a 2400 bxi? it does 850 @4 ohms,and at 2 i think 1200 and @1 ohm it sais 2400. so would around 2000 for those subs pound them nicely or no? and what other brand amps woul danyone consider be better for around teh same price $400

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6872
my bro ordered the mtx TA92001 3000 rms at 1 ohm on ebay for 417.30 shipped new 1 year warranty

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 635
yea thats teh amp i was gonna get sean but everyone kept tellign me how i could get better an dive hear dsome mtx amps from friends systems and tehy fuggin pound.. i was thinkin gof getting that amp and now that i think i want it and its nice fo rteh price with a waranty.. but 413 dolar that steh cheapest ive seen that amp. let me know how that amp hits.. whats he running it on? what subs

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 636
BUMP BUMP

Gold Member

Post Number: 6873
not sure yet were still deciding on either one 12 or two 10's but my bro is looking at a battery and alternator probably a 220 amp and that amp probably could draw up to 300 amps

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 637
sean.. ok i found a mtx ELITE TE 1501D .. it cost $414.00......... ok well wuts the difference between mtx TA92001 and teh mtx thunder ELITE? then i found teh elite again for $949.. and it said it does 3750 rms at 1 ohm.. so why does that one cost so much more if its teh same amp? and is teh TA series a bad amp? u said ure friend just got it but isn't the thunder series better??

Gold Member

Post Number: 6875
The MTX THUNDER ELITE TE1501D is 1500 rms not 3000 watts rms is the true power and the MTX AUDIO THUNDER ELITE TE4001D is 3750 rms but im assuming they are both underrated since the 40001 is rated 4000 in its name

Gold Member

Post Number: 6876
Id assume the reason my bro skipped the elite series and got the mtx TA92001 is because the elites must be the amps known to fry at 1 ohm....ill ask him

Gold Member

Post Number: 6877
he said yes thats the reason

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 264
ta series are aewsome igot the one that is rated at 500 rms @ 2 ohms,but it will do about 700 or a lil more,but the msrp on it is 479.99

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 638
ok so ill prolly go with the TA92001 amp.. i hope that amp is stable at 1 ohm though . i mean it sais it is but i hope it is relliable. im gonna b egettin either 2 fi bl's 12's or re sx's not sure. but yea i wil need ot get a 300 amp alternator fo rmy car too cuz its only 110 stock its a 1997 grand prix gt..

Gold Member

Post Number: 6888
yeah a 110 amp wont cut it LOL....also make sure you run very large power and ground wire

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 640
yes i am plannin gon a 300 amp alt and 0 gauge wiring for the ground and powere wire but then adding a kinetic if it fits in my car. do i need to have another battery if i get a kinetic and have all teh big 3 wires ran from alt and battery and stuff?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 641
bump bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 6896
Get this for your power wire and ground and such its 1\0 it larger than 0 guage and youll need it with that power (stinger wire is great stuff) and its under 100 dollars shipped http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=546

and no you wont need a second battery if your going to run a 300 amp alt.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 644
ok thanx for all the help. that is a good price for that amp kit.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 7079
im pretty sure.. theres no such thign as a bxi2400...

there is the new bxi2607d which is abeast and was made to back up the brutus line...

get the 2607d is well worth it

Gold Member

Post Number: 6911
your welcome

Bronze Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Harrisburg star city, Pistolvania USA

Post Number: 36
whats with thisbxi2607d bcuz im looking for an amo to run 2 12" BL's so which one the hifonics or the MTX bcuz there basically same price and the MTX has more wattage

Gold Member

Post Number: 6912
ill check it out

Gold Member

Post Number: 6913
the mtx is better for more than just the power it also has an adjustable center frequency from 30 - 80 hz... a variable q and subsonic filter

Parametric Bass Control:
-12 - +12 dB Bass Control
Variable Bass Control Frequency: 30 - 80 Hz
Variable Bass Control Q: 0.5 - 4.0

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
so im better off going with the mtx amp?? so they dont fry at 1 ohm like stated above

Gold Member

Post Number: 6915
no they dont like I told you above its the elite series that is known to fry at one ohm....trust me my bro wouldnt have bought it if it was known to fry at 1 ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 6916
3000 watts rms at one ohm at 14.4 volts

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/thunder92001.cfm

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
ok so what site did he get his from with a warranty and 413 shipped and what config should i get my 2 BLs at if im using this amp bcuz i know if i was just getting 1 sub i would get a 2ohm so i can wire it down to 1 ohm but idk about 2 subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 6918
two dual 4 ohm subs

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard/2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
they dont make BL's in 4 ohm only 2 and 1 ohm

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 646
yea ure rite so how woudl that amp even work fo rthose subs cuz i want that amp and 2 bl's also and they make teh subs dual 1 and 2 ohm. so i gess that amp is out of teh question right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
wtf then why has everyone been telling to get these amps that arent even compatible with the subs i want??????????????????????????????????????

Gold Member

Post Number: 6919
two dual one ohm subs will work

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I'm so confused I kno u can't wire a 1ohm sub 2 play @ 1 ohm but you can run two 1 ohm subs to play @ 1 ohm?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6682
yea dwight....2 dual 1 ohm subs can be wired to a 1 ohm load for you amp....

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 651
ok questions answered cuz i was also confused Dwight. wel good now i know what im getting and it works so im doen thanks yanks and sean.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 652
bumo

Gold Member

Post Number: 6928
in case anyone wants to know we got our mtx 92001 birthsheet says 3829 rms at 1 ohm

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 657
damm . wel thats just sweet 829 more than it sias. see now why do ppl hat eon mtx , ive heard allot of them and they do there true power and my dad had oen that got really hot but woudl never ever hut off on him.. it is stil working today and is 3 1/2 years old but we sodl it to one of my friends

Gold Member

Post Number: 6936
yeah I was like wow....next thing I want to know is what size fuse does this beast take

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 658
i thik it has 3 or 4 30's i could be wrong though. i cant wait to get that amp amd teh bl's but its gonna take allot of money to get my charging system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us