KICKER RS25 tweeters ?

Anonymous
I am highly intrested in these tweeters put I want to hear some opinoins before I make my final choice. And if possibly what is the best set up choice. do i need equalizer for best sound quality, how much rms power is best, and durablilty.

Anonymous
still waiting any tweeter fans want to say something

Tweeter fan
Tweet-Tweet!!!!

Tweeter fan
If your going to run tweeters straight from your radio,(thats what most do anyway)you dont need a equalizer for tweeters.100 watts rms will work. Dont get caught up in the tweeter game,cheap ones will work just fine,''putting bass blockers on them if they dont have any is a must.''If you dont put bass blockers on tweeters,they will blow.''

zacdavis
anymouse, titanium,mylar,silk(synthetic), don't buy mylar or any poly tweeter. now, tit. and silk are what most people prefer.
titanium has a higher freq. range and they seem to sound very "crisp", very distictive cymbol sounds, the diaphrams are exremely rigid and thats what gives them a higher freq range than silk. now, silk, (ads made great silk dome)they tend to be easier on the ear, silk tend to sound "smooth". very rich for a tweeter. go to your local store and listen to some,not only different brands but look and the diaphram and see which material you tend to like. also look at the size, the dome is usually equal to the voice coil(vc) diameter, the larger the better. 3/8 is very tiny, 1/2 isn't bad and 1 inch is ideal.
and no, 100 watts rms is a bit much, a clean 20 watts will be sufficient for each tweeter,(i think he was sayin 100w peak for a pair)
don't buy high power tweeters for 10 bucks, they very harsh, although they are xtremly lound,(they are peizio diaphram,usually ceramic mags, same as a motorola horn)
p.s i run both silk and titanium in my sq demo car, i have the pair of titaniums passively attenuated at -3db.
good luck ,later
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us