Help picking out amp for 15" rockford Fosgate

Username: Lin3ski3r

Aghagh;, Ohio United states

Post Number: 1
Well I recently bought a 15"Rockford Fosgate p3 sub. It is 500w rms and 1000w peak.It has DVC at 4ohms. I'm very knew to the whole ohms and stuff so i need help picking out an amp for it. I am on a tight budget so price does have to be pretty low. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 322
Alpine mrp-m650

Rockford t5001 (more power than what you need, but it will be there if you do future upgrades)

Rockford p6001

infinity 16001a

JBL gto 601.1

Kicker 04sx650.1 (only cheap if you buy refurbished)

You could even do like a hifonics BXi1206d. They are very good budget amps and that amp will work if you ever decide to get 2 of those subs.

If you are buying online, or not afraid of ebay, these are some solid choices. But if you are not buying online, then id go with the Alpine mrp-m650, there only like $209 reg price at best buy.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2808
Whats budget for amp?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 193
^^ solid choices.

for ultra-cheap you could go with a kicker zx400.1 which will put out close to 500wrms. refurbished price at hifisoundconnection.com is like $130 shipped.

in regards to ohms and ohm laws...

what you are looking for is power at 2OHMS.

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot both of you I really appreciate it. I'll keep updated with what I decide to do.

Post Number: 3
I'd say budget is around $250. I would make it more but I'm only 14 and its going in my moms car so I don't really have a lot of options right now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us