OT: Sport Bikes

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 566
Anyone on here run anything in the 600 class???

I was looking at the GSXR 600 and the Daytona 675, I want to get a GSXR 750 but haven't found an acceptable price yet.

Sorry for you guys who don't wanna read this, but I put the OT for a reason. And I'd rather talk to guys in the subwoofer section anyway.

bump.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10745
I'm a rider. How many years experience do you have?

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 567
19 years of nothing, besides riding an older moped when I was younger, the kind you have to pedal first then start....

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1790
i got a friend whos got a CBR600f4i a friend whos got a R6 and a friend whos got a GSX-750

I really dont like the CBR much

The R6 is my favorite in the 600 class

The GSX-750 is a great bike. my friend loves it. He just totaled it racing and hes in the proces of rebuilding it and i think hes gunna buy a GSX-600. i really like suzuki nd yamaha bikes.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10747
Then you have none. No joke.

These bikes are killers to those ignorant.

I too wanted a cr0tch rocket at your age. Settled on a cruiser. Honda Magna, several others later. Glad I did, now I look back at it lol. These bikes require such an intense skill and respect for the performance these bikes are capable of most don't realize.

I've just seen too many horror stories man.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1791
i prefer dirt bikes...you can do almost anything with them and they still work

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10748
Third gear wheelies are awesome to watch, even more gruesome to see fail.....

Think of that......

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5375
my friend is still in coma for the past 3 weeks from a bike reck. not saying it wasnt his fault but still they are dangerous, and kids dont realize that.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 568
well I'm not looking to do any wheelying at any speed what so ever. I just want something i can putt around on and still have that "umpf" when I want it. f!ck wheelies, I have seen to many ppl f!ck themselves up doing that stupid sh!t.

as for a cruiser, I can't find the one I want for a good price: 2001+ Honda Shadow VT1100

I'm not one that gets really stupid on machines that you need a great respect for...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3700
Don't settle for anything less than the GSXR 750, seriously! I rode one with the extended trailing arm, air shift, 50hp NOS and turbo, it was the ride of my life! I went approx 2 blks, short ones at that and was at 132MPH when I got off my forearms were sooo swollen than I could not straighten my fingers and my left leg would not stop shaking. I have been on bikes my whole life from the age of 5 which my first bike was a kx 25 awseome little bike, lOl. I am stupid when it comes to bikes and the sh!t scares me, I like to drive drunk. Now the biggest bikes I ride now is this one. I was looking at the Valcory (sp) who knows maybe next summer I think I have matured enough...Polo. :-)

PS- That has a 86cc bore kit with a 4spd tranny and does 68mph, hahhaha.

Upload

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 571
lol, nice pic

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3702
I know but it is a person who really likes life right now and I don't have time for a bike that probably will kill me. I use to race cars also, gave that up until the little ones are in college Polo..

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 928
Nice Polo. Yeah, look at a Kawasaki KLR or a Suzuki DR. Get used to that first. Then look at something with a little more power. My 125SX scared me for a while, and I still have a huge amount of respect for the power.

Don't skimp on the gear either.
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1277
If I find the site that those are from I'll post it.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 572
I don't really have too much money to be able to buy a small bike and then a year later get one more suitable for my liking.

Silver Member

Post Number: 930
Do you have the money for the healthcare that you could end up needing, or the money for the new bike when you f.ck up a corner, drift into the other lane, and smack into a dumptruck. Don't worry about not having enough power buddy. A 250 CC moto-x bike would make your balls shrivel, if all you've ridden is a moped.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 321
Talking about bikes makes me wanna go bust out the yz 250. I think I just needed a break from riding for a while. Since im gonna be turning 18 this next spring, I was debating on getting a cr0tch rocket, or a 450 mx bike.
Anyway I think a 600 will do you justice, I kno people who have some 600's and they have enough power to go down easy with a little crack on the throttle on some fine gravel. I have know a guy with a mid 90's crb600f3 and its pretty quick, and they arent too expensive.

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
When I get my license, I'm gonna start lookin' for a KTM 525EXC or an Aprilia RXV 550.
WHEEEEELLLIIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 535
i have a 78 yz250
cracked the gas tank so i had to mod a tank from a 79
it is scary fast
at least for me

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3706
My first bigboy bike was a Yamaha enduro 440 single cylinder, I used a milk crate to get on it, I was 9! Polo.. :-O

BTW- I broke my hip on a YZ 250, first year they were liquid cooled. I was doing a 40ft sand jump when I freeked and cut the power, ate sand and the bike flipped over on me, extremely painfull lmfao..

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 573
Jeez bunch o negative nancy's on here!!!

regardless, thanks Paul and Polo for the input, and cam partially.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 326
The ktm 525's have some balls!!! Every motor that ktm makes is fast. I also considered either a 450 with supermoto wheels or a ktm 525 at one time. My yz is an '04 by the way.

Polo does that honda mini trail have a bore kit and clutch from the xr/crf 50's???

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 724
i love my 660 raptor

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3708
my friend has an r6 and that b1tch is crazy fast, of course he has all kinds of stuff done to it. i rode it once and it took me 2 telephone pole lengths to get to 100mph and i wasn't even pulling that hard, scary fast. thats why i stick to banshees. and polo i highly doubt that your 86cc bike does 68mph unless you have some crazy azz gearing, sh1t my blaster only tops out around 60 and its 200cc 6spd. and fyi 2stroke>4stroke

Silver Member

Post Number: 934
Just lookin' out for ya man. I don't understand how it's negative though. Riding is so fun, you just see too many people who think, "Oh I need a litre bike", and then they go kill themselves. I love 2 strokes, but I tried my Dad's '74 XT 500 and I'm hooked man. It wheelied like nothin'. Just roll on the throttle and lean back, the front tire just comes up nice n smooth. It was amazing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10752
Years ago my 1984 Honda Magna was super fast. Held it's own against the V-max. The V-four Honda made was the smootest of the bunch. Even at 11,000 rpm's my mirrors were still usable lol.

Still today I think the V-max has a badazz design.

Upload

Even sounds tough as nails.....

http://digivex.com/jetski/vmax/060403/vmax.wmv

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2948
Check out the BMW F650's. They are a nice beginner bike. The F650 ST is a dual sport bike, so you can also trail ride with it, or street cruise. Price are comparable to other bikes in its class.

Mine, a 96 F650st

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10753
Getting wood now lol.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1793
marc where in mass you live?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3710
It was the CBX 1100, here is a custom, don't blow your wad, lOl. Polo..

Upload

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2949
Im in Mansfield, Near Foxboro Stadium, Home of the World Champion Patriots.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1795
o nice i was there about 3 weeks ago lol with a school field trip...i live in the cape cod area

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10758
My first bike was a 1971 CB350. My learner lol.

Second was a 1984 v65 Magna.

Upload

Third was my 1400 Intruder.

Upload

Just recently sold it. I'll get back on two wheels when my kids get older.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2950
I lived in Falmouth for a year. Great place. I still go there Often. Was in new bedford today. Close, I plan on going to falmouth this weekend too. Gotta fix some stuff for my aunt. Her ice maker went out, and Gin and Tonics are just not the same...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us