DJ, Canaan, or someone who knows a real lot about DD

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3540
What's the difference between the 9515 E and F series motors?

What I want to know is could I take an E motor and an F motor, send them both in to be reconed, and then run them together?

Is there actually any difference in the motor between the E and F series or is it just the soft parts?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3698
http://forum.soundpressure.com/

Try here guys are cool...Polo..

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3543
I know about that forum but this one gets a lot more traffic so I thought somebody may know

Bronze Member
Username: 2003f150

Biloxi, Mississippi

Post Number: 22
Yes 95E was 300oz mag and 95F is 320 oz mag. I believe suspension was the same. They can be ran together.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3701
Kinda fishy if you ask me! Honestly if it has a differenent motor, different perameters (thiele smalls) then it is a different sub and should not be ran together at least not common chamber, this is well known... Be carefull..Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2310
right i wouldnt do common chamber. u can find those motors pretty cheap anyway...

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 647
E motor is double stacked,
the F motor has a higher BL and is a triple stacked motor.
I wouldn't run them together.

We've got a pair of 9918F subs, I could take a pic of one next to the 9915E, even have some 9515D's in stock as well....I'll take a pic of the three next to eachother and post'em up in a thread.

Bronze Member

Biloxi, Mississippi

Post Number: 23
Zac the F is a double stack. G motor is triple. DD has told me a f and g will work and also a e and f will work??.

Bronze Member

Biloxi, Mississippi

Post Number: 24
In fact I ran a 9515D with a audioque HD3 15 for months in the same chamber. Don't get me wrong 2 of the same motors is always better but it will work. I know you sell alot of DD Zac but DD has told me different motor designs will work together in the same box.No offense.Just going by what DD has told me and also what I have tried.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3546
Hmmm interesting. Since they are different, I don't think I would want to run them together.

Damn this sucks, I need to find another 95 F motor

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 649
Holy crap I'm retarded, you are absolutely right. For some reason I was comparing F's to G's and no I wouldn't run the two of those together.
As for the E and F, idk, they look comparable lol, dont know enough about the motor force differences to respond. If memory serves me correctly the only major difference is the venting for cooling but I'd call Jassa to find out. I'll still post some pics of the different motors for fun. :-)

Bret, do you have a brother named Ritchie?

Bronze Member

Biloxi, Mississippi

Post Number: 25
No but I have met him a few times. Yeah I was gonna maybe get 2 "G" 15's to add to my 2 f 15's but I didnt want to mix motors really. Yeah callin DD and asking is the best. They know their subs better than anyone.LOL

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 652
Wow, its a small world. I've competed with him a few times, last time i seen him i think was a Texas Heat Wave show in 05? Figured y'all might be related bein in the same area with that name and all.
Yeah its funny how motor size isnt as bigga factor as you'd think it would be.
The triple stacked D motors are alot bigger than the E's. I had some D's reconed to 15's with new soft parts yet they're not anywhere near as loud as the E 15's. We did a drop test and I think it was like over a full DB difference....

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3707
Hey Zac sent you an e-mail to your profile addy did you get it, was just curious...Polo..

Bronze Member

Biloxi, Mississippi

Post Number: 26
A full DB damn....I am glad I have the F motors. Yeah I have competed in USACI in Louisiana is how I know about Ritchie.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us