Pwned

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2977
Well there is this douchebag wanksta at work named Hector that thinks he knows everything and owns the place. He walks around like a bad ass with his arms like 6 inches from his body like he is tremendously cut or something except that he is not and he has no biceps at all. He does actual work like thirty minutes of his ten hour (OT) shift and makes $30 an hour ($45 on OT). He is a toolbag of epic proportions. I was going to wait for him after work someday and use his stupid face as a punching bag but I figured I would wait for something to come along that would be far more mentally damaging and lasting.

So anyways... I got my chance today. I was sitting at my desk around noon when I hear him tell my buddy Mike that he knows more about audio than anyone at work and blah blah. He was putting Mike (who is the nicest guy almost ever) down saying he didn't know anything about audio and to leave all that complex stuff to him. Then I heard him say and I quote: "This Yamaha 7.1 receiver I got is so bad ass man, it hits hard on my 12's and it would probably even push a 15!!!" I'm like ok I have heard enough out of this assclown. So I walk up and say "Hey Hector -- I hear you are a real wizard when it comes to audio huh? Keep in mind that there are at least twenty people that can hear this going down. "So tell me something, can you explain any basic audio principles for me?" He puffs out his chest and says "Holmes I know all that shit!" while he looks around all bad ass at the people that are now in a circle around us. So I say ok... what is damping factor? Silence. What is slew rate? Silence. What is the worse kind of distortion between harmonic and inter-modulation Hector? Nothing. So I get a little easier on the punk. I say... ok if I had a dual 2 ohm subwoofer and I wanted a 1 ohm total load, how would I wire it? Series? Parallel? At this point he knows he is defeated and he starts to squirm and I can see him trying to think how he can escape this with as little damage as possible. So I say... I just heard you say that a 15 is harder to push than a 12 -- can you explain that to me if both woofers were the same efficiency? And Hector, do you even know what efficiency is? Silence, except for the whispering of the growing crowd, which now includes bosses and about thirty others that are sick of this guys attitude and "smart" mouth.

So I make it even easier for him, cuz well, I am a nice guy. I ask... OK in a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 home theater system, what does the "point one" stand for? I think I spotted a tear at this point. So I ask the most basic question I could think of at the time... If you have a 3-way speaker system at home (which he does because we hear him brag about it ad naseum, and they are Sony's lmfao) what does that mean exactly? He stands there scratching his chin looking puzzled. What is a crossover then? Nothing. Just then he spun around and glared at everyone as he walked really fast out of the room and said "f!ck all you guys"

Turns out the guys knows nothing about audio at all... even simple stuff, and his whole act was just that, an act. I am not even kidding, after the door out of our department closed, a cheer went up that reminded me of when a song ends at a concert. Everyone was high-fiving me and each other and the rest of the day everybody was super happy and having fun. We never saw him again the rest of the day.

Moral of the story... don't talk shit about things you don't know anything about and act all bad ass because you figure that the chances are slim that anybody will actually call you on it. Because someone just like me might hear you.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2109
lol.....is the same guy that when he would come around, you guys would sing "Low Rider"?

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2978
No lmao, that's his brother Ernesto aka Ernie. That guy is a whole 'nother story. And we didn't sing it, my buddy had the cd all cued up and ready each time. We got in major trouble with the union over that and Paul got suspended with no pay for 10 days. I will get Ernie too

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 738
hahaha good story man. glad you set him straight. i hate ppl that brag like that when they dont know what theyre talkin about

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3389
Good story brad. Glad to hear you had fun at work today lol.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3541
LMAO good stuff.

If you don't mind me asking Brad, what's your job? I thought you were a musician......

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10736
Good story. Every office has one, or two. It eventually catches up to them.

I collect the cardboard tubes inside the rolls of paper that feed our plotter at work. Very thick tubes of all sizes. Perfect port material. Why buy when it's free? Co-worker asked what they were for. I told him I use them for speaker building. He laughed so hard so everyone could hear. "You put holes in your speakers??!!"

"Yes, it's called a tuned port." I said.

"A what?"

It was hopeless after that..........

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2979
Taking a break right now for awhile. My forearms and wrists are in pretty bad shape from constant touring, and I am sick of traveling. I am an Aerospace Technician at the moment.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5368
thats funny.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1591
lol what a douche. he prolly went in the bathroom and cried.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3697
Should have asked him, if you have a HU with a sub LP crossover and is set at 80hz with a 12db/octave slope and your sub amp has a built in non-defeatable LP crossover set at 80hz with a 24db/octave slope, what is the total outcome of the combined crossovers.... ...Would have popped a socket for sure, Polo...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6605
really know how to sh1t on a guy brad.....lol

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 570
I vote you get promoted.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12435
NICE ! ...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2016
Well done Brad. He is a disgrace to car audio newbs!!! You must embrace your newbness!!!

meanwhile little does he know, if he actually wanted to LEARN about car audio, and wasn't such a douche, so people didn't hate him, you'd probly be more than happy to talk to him about stuff and teach him.....some people...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15545
you da man brad. lol. glad i am on your good side. ima think before i open my mouth around you. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1900
exactly what does this guy do in a place where you're an Aerospace Technician?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4447
hey brad...
your cool for embrassing a guy infront of alot of people!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us