VETERANS OF THE FORUMS LAST HELP on D300HC

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 223
I have a matts d300hc class d amp it has two negative and positive speaker connection terminals, so now how do i wire my dd3515 sub to 2 ohm load on the amp? it's confusing me because the paper work says "single DVC speaker 2 ohm load" and shows a picture with a woofer and both the positive and negative on the woofer wires going into its own negative and positive on to the amp (which has 2 of each again} I though it should only be wired to 2 ohms inside the box to the wire out terminal to one negative and positive on the amp.

UPDATE: wired to 2 ohms inside the box but it barely hits wtf? then i did it like paper it came with showing this and hits a lil harder but not 1200 watts at 2 ohms at all and the speaker wire terminal is super small like for remote wire size what can be wrong? need help fast work soon!

THE PICTURE LOOKS LIKE THIS

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2026
what ohm is your sub? dual 2 or dual 4?

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
dual 4

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2028
amp - to sub - to other sub -

amp + to sub + to other sub+

u have it right in the picture but only use one + and one - on the amp, not both.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2713
wtf? do this. wire (inside the box) pos to pos, neg to neg on the woofer then take the pos rom one side of the sub and run to the amp. then take the neg on the opp. side of the woofer (side that doesn have the pos wire goin to amp) and run it to the amp. BUT bridge the amp.... tak the pos wire from the woofer and put it on the left channe pos and then take the neg side and hook it up to the right channel neg. there you go.

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
i did that but it barely bumps, is something wrong with the amp you think?

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
also why are the apeaker wire terminals on the amp so fricking small?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2714
you wired it like in the pic or the way i decribed it? and check all your amps settings. gain, lpf, ssf

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
only has a gain knob and crossover knob thats all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
i wired it like you described it and now it's wired like the pic and hit a lil better but not bumping close to 600 or 1200 watts at 2 ohm.

Gold Member

ASU

Post Number: 2031
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5439
How many volts are you getting at the amplifiers output channels?I bet you didn't set the gain using a DMM.

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
not right now kae gonna come with it, but it bumping half loud of kx 1200.1

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
khaes gonna come with it. but tell me how to exactly use it with the amp?, thanks rob.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
I calculated the volt at http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp says 49 volts when i did the directions said on the site i ended up tunring the gain all the way up and got to only 41 volts only whats going on?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 648
It looks as though you've got it wired correctly.
I've been a MMats and Digital Dealer for years and i've sold many D 1, 2, and 300HC's and that 300 should have that sub slamming.
My guess is you may have the RCA's plugged into the wrong place at your HU?...maybe they're in the front or rear and you've got the HPF on?....sounds like a rookie mistake but hey i've done it lol.
I dont know though, it sounds like the amp isnt performing correctly.

As for the gain setting...if it isnt loud with it cranked up all the way its never going to be loud.

MMats has great customer service, send it in, they will fix it, dont forget your R.A. number.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
i've got 2 rca's running to the back one connected to front and one to the rear the aux one has no connection and the amp got the gain and crossover knobs, the cross over knob is set to 0 and gain all the way up. Baught this amp used in original packaging and looks in mint condition for 375$ how much would it cost to get it looked at and whats the R.A number?

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 651
Ok, now i'm confused....the rca's that go the amp, where are they plugged in at the head unit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
i have 2 pairs plugged in th HU one pair in the fron labeled fron and one pair labeled rear and the one labeled AUX has no rca's in it, plugged in the back of the HU like my other decks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
mispelled "front*"

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 653
Still confused here....so your using one side from the front and one side from the back running to the MMats amp?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2728
maybe undo the rcas all together and just run one set from the aux (if none marked sub) to the "input" rcas of the amp

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 533
turn gain down
thats not a fix just a smart ting to do

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
NONONO there are 3 pairs of rca's on the HU labeled: Front,Rear, and AUX i connected only the ones labeled front and rear with it's own set of RCA's and non on the aux because i don't know whats it's for, maybe a cd changer or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
Zac if you got either msn messenger or aim hit me up msn is :tornmien@hotmail.com Aim:Gumanchudie

Gold Member

Post Number: 5442
What voltage does your head unit put out through the RCAs?It might not have enough voltage from the RCAs and if that's the case a line driver would help you out.So after you set your gain running a 50hz tone and a DMM set to measure AC current you were only getting 41 volts?You probably lack the charging system as well but...it really shouldn't play a huge factor here considering it's not tons of current draw.What head unit are you using?Please provide the model number so we can see the specs on it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5443
Oh and do you have filters or crossovers set via the head unit?

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 654
Torn, you say you have only connected the ones that say front and rear, well that's 2 pair of RCA's.
The MMats amp only has one input, enough for one pair.
AGAIN!!!!!, WHAT IS PLUGGED INTO YOUR AMP!

Rob, forget about the damn DMM and rca voltage output and all that jazz, we need to start with the basics...are the connections correct.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6863
"i've got 2 rca's running to the back one connected to front and one to the rear"

It sounds like hes saying hes got two amps. One for the fronts and one for the sub. And that the two sets of rcas are ran to the back of the car. Thats all Zac. Its his lack of punctuation that made it harder to read right. Im guilty of it too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
yea i got 2 rca's running to the back one pair for sub amp and one pair for front amp, the HU im using is a rockford fosgate RFX 9120.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5451
"Rob, forget about the damn DMM and rca voltage output and all that jazz, we need to start with the basics...are the connections correct."
He more than likely has the output labeled "Rear" connected to his amplifier.

There's a reason that I asked that Zac. :-) Reasons that you probably don't know.Torn has been asking these type of questions for a while now and he's never used a DMM as far as his cousin Khae Saechao has told me.I don't want them to damage anything(else).If his head unit is producing too weak of a signal that'd be where his problem might lie.He probably also hasn't metered the output voltage at the channel properly either.I'm wondering if you damaged that sub when you were clipping it with the KX1200.1...I hope not.You don't have an extra sub laying around to test out do you?
# Playback Features - Skip Forward,Skip Backward
# CD Changer Control
# Auxiliary Input
# Detachable Face
# Presets - (12 FM 6 AM)
# Features - Seek Tuning
# Auto Preset Store
# Local/Distant
# RDS
# Changer Controls
# Remote Control
# Per channel power 50 W X 4 @ 4 Ohms Peak
# 10 W X 4 @ 4 Ohms RMS (CEA 2006)
# 3 PreAmp outputs at 2.3 Volts
# Bass Control -10 to 10 dB @ 60 Hz
# Treble Control -10 to 10 dB @ 15k Hz
# Loudness
# Disc Naming
# Crossover Selectable 80 Hz Low Pass
# Auxiliary Input

That's the specs of your head unit correct?You don't have the bass control on the HU turned all the way down do you?If you want give me a call,Khae has my phone number and maybe we can figure out the problem over the phone a bit faster.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5452
"and whats the R.A number?"

The R.A. number is a Return Authorization number that you'd get from MMATS.You'd have to call them more than likely and eat shipping costs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
i baught the amp used from someone else so i guess i got no R.A duno how much it will cost for them to check it out either. I always got the bass all the way down to 0 and treble all the way up on my HU when a systems in. Gonna get help from khae on saturday.Gonna test the amp on his HU cuzz when we hooked the sub up to the kx amp that was done in khaes car, his HU had some kind of amp controll in it also. We'll call you then, what time u free? you guys are 2 hours ahead of us.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5453
I'm usually pretty busy on the weekends these days but you can try calling me anytime after 4PM Central.I have a sh1t load of things going on today after work but I may be able to help you out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
aight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us