12" or 10" Is deeper (in bass)?

Username: Jjproductions

Post Number: 1
Hey, Ive recently got a new vehicle. Of course, with a new vehicle I need a new system.

I was shopping around for some new subs. I need shallow-mount subs, as I have a truck. I was thinking the Kole MFW-10 or MFW-12 or maybe the Clarion or Power-Acoustik shallow models.

Anyways, my friend recently got two 15's for his truck. The thing is, his two 15's put out about 800w RMS. The two 10's I was thinking about getting put out 1000w RMS. Will his bass still be deeper because his speakers are bigger? Or will mine still put out better because the RMS wattage is higher? Or mabybe I should go with 12's?

Or heck, maybe I should not get the Kole speakers and maybe some other brand & model? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team Revolution

Post Number: 9015
The larger the size of a sub is, usually means it will produce deeper bass. BUT thats not always true. I would stay away from Power Acoustiks though. What your budget on subs?

Post Number: 4
I'm thinkin $300-$400 for the subs... an extra hundred or so if I'm going to need some custom boxes. They need to fit behind the seats (I have 6", but I need the box 4-5"). Is Kole a good speaker? Which should I go with? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2025
jl makes a shallow woofer, as does pioneer premier, i had the premiers, loved em. not bad at all. u could get a 15 shallow mount premier i think.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2026
i lied 12 or 10 in premier

Post Number: 7
Right but about my first question... if I had 1000 RMS and he had 800 RMS, would his being bigger diameter make them louder or deeper or since mine have 200w more power will they be louder? I did look at the pioneer subs and they looked pretty nice. Dont think im looking for somthing quite as big as a 15 though.

Post Number: 8
Nevermind the whole 15 part at the end, just read your other message.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Bump.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3378
By hitting deeper you mean lower?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2029
i think tahts what he means.. i dont think ur gonna get 1000wrms outta any shallow mount, cause those are MAX ratings, just look at rms. u might be able to put 1000 on 4 12 in premier shallow mounts in that case then yes it will probably be louder than ur friends 1 15

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12419
other ppl who make flat\shallow subs

elemental designs
clarion
kicker
rockford
jbl
pioneer\premier etc.....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5412
I like how you put (In bass) haha.Because obviously in a woman 12'' would be deeper :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 192
^^i think that would be physically impossible...

...bad visual...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
You dont think shallow mounts can put out 1000w rms...? The two MFW-12's put out 500w rms each. If you learned how to add, maybe you would see that 500+500 = 1000.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2101
Wrong. Subs dont put out any rms......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
... can handle 500w rms each. You know what Im talking about, you dont have to be a smart-a$5.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2102
If you learned that subs dont put out power then I wouldnt be.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2105
Hey Jeff. Dont take things so personally. Some guys will be d!cks around here, some wont. It was just my turn. you'll get used to it. Welcome to E.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2049
i was saying SINGLE WONT ACCEPT 1000 watts. i can add there buddy, calc is doing me a world of good...

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2161
go with the elemental designs

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 121
what kind of truck was it? Because you have a truck doesnt mean you have to use a shallow mount, in most trucks 5-5.5 " mounting depth is fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Mazda B3000... 5-5.5" mounting depth would be fine, but I need the box to fit as well, and that means Id have to build a custom box, which I dont want to do. A friend already has two boxes for shallow mount subs that I can have, so thats what Im going to go with. Its a regular cab, not extended or crew or whatnot.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 265
u can get universal truck boxes for 12's and tens just about anywhere u can buy sub boxes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us