San Diego County Fires

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2966
This is seriously out of control. There are 8 major fires going right now fueled by dry brush from the recent droughts and 40-50 mile an hour winds. Over 250,000 residents have been evacuated. Homes are going down left and right. I know at least 4 people that have homes right in the paths of the fires and I can't get ahold of them. Answering machines that are always on are now off. People with loved ones in the fires have no clue what is happening and no way to get in touch with anyone because major cell phone transmitters are down. The winds are pushing the fire through the brush so fast that the firefighters can't stop anything, all they can do is stay and watch. 200 foot walls of flame are jumping freeways... which are closed for 20 miles along the I-15 corridor.

I was sent home from work at 10AM this morning and on my 7 mile drive home I saw some surreal things. Convoys of police, ambulance, city, and fire trucks flying down the freeway at 90+ with hazard lights and sirens on. People that have no official business are being pulled over and in some cases arrested to keep the flow going. The high school near me looks like a city in itself... entire families are camping there with all of the possessions they could grab and pack in their vehicles. Dogs and cats are running wild in the streets and everyone is wearing those white paper air filters over their mouth. This is the worst fire in SD County and maybe in California history, and it is pretty scary at this point. Arsonists are starting copycat fires almost everywhere, and the winds are blowing down power lines causing arcs that are caught in the winds and catch anything nearby on fire and then raging towards anything flammable. Cars are burning in driveways and there is not nearly enough firemen to do anything. All of the fires are 0% contained at this time. 160 square miles have burned so far.

Fuck me this is a hardcore day. It's like a war zone for miles around. I hope all of you are safe wherever you are

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 224
stay safe bro

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 342
Im gettin ready to evac. Its headin right for San Marcos.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1853
my grandma had to evac this morning at 5 am ... she lives near qualcomn ... cant get ahold of her her cell phone wont work

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1414
Damn dude. If answering mahines are of, it probably done killed the power in their neighborhood. It does look pretty nasty on TV. Heard they were getting 108 mph gust as well. Not good.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6823
sent up a prayer for the situation

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15502
yeah the fire is terrible this year. so many homes. the malibu one was really bad as well.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1416
I got an extra room on the east coast if needed :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6562
damn brad....hope you stay OK bud....as well as everyone else out there....stay safe guys

everyone send one up there like sean did....

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2969
Thanks everyone... I am fine but only worried about friends and family I can't get ahold of and can't get in my truck to go and check on. Just got a call from the owner of the studio that my drums are currently set up at, he is getting ready to evacuate as well but I am not so worried about that seeing as how they are easily replaced. My heart goes out to everyone that has been affected by this horrible fire and has lost their homes and all of their belongings and pets.

Such a bizarre thing to just now see the Terminator live on TV like 10 miles from my house talking about the fire with THAT voice. I kept thinking he would say "Don't worry San Diego -- I'll be back".

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1304
Down here in Orange county there kick our azz. I'm like 6 miles from its and it smells like sht. Oh and my car is all dirty fu(K i shouldnt have washed it.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3376
Its all over the place in SoCal. There was one near 6flags in valencia, didn't get to go bc of all the smoke :-(. Theres one in san b somewhere. Its all over the freakin place and it su cks balls.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10693
Some pretty scary stuff. My neighbor had a fire a short while ago. I felt bad for them. That was just one family. What's going on out there is just surreal. Almost biblical.................

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5351
yeah that really sucks i couldnt belive how big it was

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 290
got xtra space down in FL...kinda like cally i guess...be safe guys, sent one up for yall. Surreal

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2093
My mom lives in San Bernadino County, up in the moutains above Riverside. Real close to Arrowhead, she said that she has been evacuated.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6566
the whole country is insane....
cali is an inferno
atl has less than 90 days of drinking water left
it hasnt rained here in about 2 months
snowing in denver

wild time

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10704
My brother lives in Georgia, they are under a massive water restriction. Funny thing is that they aren't restricted to how much water they can pump out of local streams. Doesn't anyone there understand how the water table works? Even ppl here in Jersey who have well water completely ignore restrictions during droughts. Where do they think all that water comes from??? LOL.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15508
well yanks you guys have other problems. like joe torre leaving the yankees. poor new york.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2005
be safe Brad, i need you healthy so i can destroy your fantasy team :-) seriously though my heart goes out to those in danger.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6575
i know chad....poor new york, their devastated :-(

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4415
has anyone seen the movie
day after tommorow
well that movie is slowly but surely becoming a reality

idk if you guys know this but the hotter the summers get the colder the winters will get.... in a few years it might be snowing in florida...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6580
unconvienent truth or whatever that movie called....damn global warming

Gold Member

Post Number: 4419
if mass floods happen i can tell you florida will be under water :-(

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6582
it will be indeed....looking at the future forecasts of the newly expected shores in 100 years or so, ill have a ocean front house :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4421
lol....
ill have a island house

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6546
I hope that fire wasn't caused by some a.hole. We had fire in Canada, but not that big. Some a.hole put a fire at a construction site and burnt down all the houses. What thrill do you get destroying someone's dream homes??

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1311
The news were saying the one in Orange County was set by an azz in 3 different locations.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6547
How do you punish an azz like that. What can you do to that bturd to undo all the damages done to earth and people?? You have to like kill him and then bring him back to life, repeat that 250,000x.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4424
or
throw em in prison, let him get raped. then after 50 years of prison, electric chair the bishh

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1897
i guess ny isn't that bad after all...

gl to all you californians and be safe

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 736
My great aunts house and horse barn got fuxed in it, my mom told me about it today..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10710
Arson is definitely not an admirable crime. One could say they are cowards and lack the mentality to fully grasp the repercussions of their actions.

C/P:

Brains and Arson

According to a 1987 report in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, the vast majority of "profiled" arsonists have a below-normal IQ -- typically between 70 and 90. About one in four fall in the below-70 IQ range that qualifies them as mentally retarded -- not to say that all mentally retarded children are going to grow up to be arsonists.

"In these types of cases, arson is often committed by someone who is retarded but also angry. It's that combination that is a catalyst -- their anger but having fewer means to express it," says Dvoskin. "Honestly, I can't think of a single arsonist I've dealt with for whom anger wasn't the primary motivator."

In the FBI report, as well as statistics by the U.S. Fire Administration, part of the Department of Homeland Security, half of all arsons are committed by those younger than age 18; the other half is typically in their late 20s. In arson cases involving older people, the motivation is usually for profit. About 90% of all arsonists are male and they are usually white, states the FBI report.

Oct. 29, 2003 -- As California continues to burn, authorities reportedly believe that arsonists started most of the 10 fires that already have claimed at least 16 lives and an area the size of Rhode Island.

The question is why.

"The truth is, very little is known about arsonists because so few arsons are solved," says psychologist Joel Dvoskin, PhD, ABPP, of the University of Arizona Medical School and a member of the American Board of Forensic Psychology who has done work on the psychological motivations behind arson.

Still, he tells WebMD that studies indicate that the most common reason for arson is profit. "Buildings are often set on fire for insurance purposes," he tells WebMD. "But certainly, that doesn't fit the pattern of what's happening in California."

For those fires, based on what's known, anger is a more likely explanation for what has resulted in one of the most widespread and expensive disasters ever to occur in that state -- engulfing some 600,000 acres and 2,000 homes.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2973
Latest San Diego numbers: 280,000 acres (437 square miles) have burned. 1000+ homes destroyed. 513,000 residents have been evacuated. From Los Angeles to the southern border, nearly one quarter of the Southern California coast is on fire. All schools have been shut down and hospital emergency rooms are full to capacity trying to deal with burn and smoke inhalation victims. The massive parking lot surrounding Qualcomm Stadium (home of the Chargers) has been described by Katie Couric of the CBS Evening News as "Woodstock without the drugs". Almost every gas station in the area had ran out of gas with "no more coming soon" and supermarkets report no bottled water left to sell.

Officials say that at least three of the twelve major fires were set by arsonists. Statistics indicate (as Paul partially posted above) that the average IQ of an arsonist is <70 and the reason nearly all convicted arsonists give is anger. These people will be caught just like after the last fires in 2003, and would be tortured daily for the rest of their worthless lives if I had anything to do with it. Jail or death is far to good for them. There have also been many arrests of people looting homes in evacuated areas.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1255
global warming doesn't exist.... everything averages out in the end....

people b!tch about hwo hot a summer is or how cold the summer is...

the earth is not changing that drastically, people are just b!tching about it more...

Learn metoerology - the globe is jsut doing its cycle averages

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1783
is there any way of ending these fires?

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1258
more firefighters..... shifts of firefighters are exhausted over there... they need help badly.... volunteers help alot but they too are exhausted.

I think they should get more funding for air-fire-fighting

helicopters with scoops and scoops of water

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1784
i c

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6587
i disagree drizzle....but im not gonna argue it cause it doesnt bother me too much....

btw, im not one of those tree loving hippies either. ill keep driving my car everyday and doing my normal routine

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2974
Why are you guys arguing about global warming in this thread about the catastrophic fires? I mean who gives a fuck right now? Quit it or don't post at all.

Andrizzle we have plenty of choppers and fixed wing aircraft available from both civilian and military sources... that is not the issue at all. The issue is the Santa Ana winds are not only preventing the planes from safely flying, but the winds are also blowing the water into mist and blowing the fire retardant powder away from where it is being dropped. We are having 50 mile an hour winds that are changing direction and making the effort to stop this inferno almost impossible. The biggest fire in the area, the Witch fire, is only 1% contained at this point.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6590
sorry brad :-(

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15522
this is very serious guys. it doesn't seem like its letting up anytime soon. the sky is just yellow all day long.

brad did you have to evacuate? hope everything is ok with you.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3384
Man, I was driving home this morning. I saw a burnt down semi, I saw a couple of little fires (had to be some a holes who started those little fires). Cops and fire depts everywhere. I was like WTF is going on around here.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5364
wow this is crazy their were some fires in the south east maybe 10months back and i remember how much ash and smoke we had from that i cant imagine how bad it must be their.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10719
Man I hope this doesn't get any further out of hand. Bad enough to fight the winds, now you have all the monsters crawling out of the woodwork trying to turn cali into a statewide hell.

Reminds me of years back in Camden when the local idiots decided to burn their own city down. On mischeif night, they set fires all over the city. Supermarkets, gas stations, drug stores, you name it, they destroyed their own town to satisfy their animalistic chaos. The next day they were left with the worst looting and hoarding imaginable. Reality slapped them in the face in the morning. Self inflicted misery. Where is the sense??????

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15528
as i was watching the news, i got disgusted by this one idiot.

the news was interviewing this one dude. he was complaining about how he didn't see any water drops around his house. he has a house on a hill top. its 6 acres. there aren't any other houses around his really. he was saying how disappointed he was cause no air drops were made.

maybe the air drop guys were more focused on fires that was threatening more homes. damn these rich guys are just so selfish. then he said he at least got his car collection to a safe place. he had a ferrari and some other expensive cars. i mean the guy is loaded. there are people that lost their homes and that is all they have. it is just discusting.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4034
well i hope you guys are all safe in cali this sux.

thats why the northeast is looking kinda nice right now to live in except during snow season

but i hope that they contain these fires soon but doesnt look like it

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2980
Upload

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5373
damn that looks unreal.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10740
Comparing both sat photos it's obvious it is waaaaaay out of hand.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 512
Was finally allowed back in my home yesterday after 3 days of evac. Things are finally under control down here in SD (fire wise I mean).

Thank God the Santa Ana's don't usually last more than 3 days.

Hats off to all the firefighters....they kicked butt on this!!

Also hats of to Arnold for getting the aid going right away and staying down here to make sure things were going the way they were supposed to go in this situation.

Also a big thanks to all the volunteers who put in countless hours making sure the evacuees had the things they needed to ease the situation somewhat.

Not to toot our own horns but I hope that if disaster strikes anywhere else the people there use the example set by us here in So Cal and work together to get things done right.

*BTW* One of the arsonists in OC was shot dead after he tried to escape by ramming a police vehicle with his truck...justice was served!!

Bronze Member
Username: Treez

Post Number: 88
My heart goes out to those have been displaced, lost a loved one or has in someway, been affected by this dreadful tragedy...

Can any of u guys give an update to the present situation?

Is it still 10% contained, or has the local firefighters been able to make progress since weather reports indicate favourable weather is approaching...

911 , Katrina , california inferno... does it get any worse...

I hope not..

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1440
im pretty sure its goin pretty good, containment wise, but i saw on the news since they've started search and rescue or watever the believed death toll has more than doubled, im deff sending prayers, my heart goes out to all in so cal

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 992
First clue to move? Arnold.

Second clue? Dramtic earthquakes.

Third? Your legislation.

Fourth and final areyouafuckingidiotclue? State on fire for 5 years running.

Morons the whole lot of ya.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2987
Don't even know what to say to that. Are you drunk or something?
I semi-respected what this guy had to say until this. San Diego vs. Lafayette.... hmmm tough call

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6636
wow.....thats all i can say abuot that comment....just wow

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1603
Your a f*cking d*ckhead Ren. I dont care if your Mr. Knowitall about car audio that was just a d*ck thing to say. I hope theres a huge fire surrounding your house and then Ill post here and say

First clue to move?-Its f*cking IN!!
Second clue?-Karma is a b*tch!
Third?-Its f*cking IN!!
Fourth and final youstupidfuckingimbreddickhead? IN good for nothing since it has been a state.

Your a POS Ren. have a lil respect for all the ppl that lost there homes and lives. Just imagine losing EVERYTHING you own in a fire,including irreplacables like baby pics or wedding pics. What you said was a really d*ck thing to say. You need to apologize to everyone here for your lil smart a*s comments.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2351
december 21st, 2012. u think this is bad, just wait!!!

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2989
JK = Jer Koff

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2353
i feel the pain im just saying. not putting down everything that has happened. my house is open to any1 who needs it...

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1628
"my house is open to any1 who needs it.."

OK Im comin to Flordia and stayin with you :-) I should be there in about 8hrs or so.

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 265
insurance there is a good thing, it will cover the damages.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6641
^^actually ive heard a bunch of people are being dropped by insurance company in that area....and that some insurances wont pay due to som cirucmatances

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2359
yea twiztid. i got da bong readyyyy

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2978
insurance companies in MA are dropping ppl on Cape Cod due to the risk of major flooding in the near future.
It sucks to have everthing you own destroyed, and then not have insurance back you. Funny thing about the SD fires, You dont see fund raisers for the victims like you seen for Katrina. Kinda sad that ppl just dont give ashit anymore about anyone else but themselves.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10791
"^^actually ive heard a bunch of people are being dropped by insurance company in that area....and that some insurances wont pay due to som cirucmatances"

Does that really suprise anyone? When I bought my house my home owners sent me a letter stating that since I failed to repair (paint) my shed within 60 days of opening my policy I didn't "comply" to thier terms and any claim would be denied. I closely read my policy and it turns out that any and all "out buildings" aren't covered. So how was I in violation if the damn thing isn't even covered?? Just a tiny loophole they hold over me in case I need to file a claim someday. And you can be sure they continued to cash my premium checks.

I hate to think about those who resposibly pay thier premiums in fear of a tradegy and when it happens get dropped on thier azzes.

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 307
HEY guys tonight at 9 on the history channel watch the special on Nostradamus......and his predictions...Paul wasn't you who said the fires are almost "biblical" mabey your right lol....anyways im gunna watch it....gimme a call 1-321-446-9703 if anyone else is gunna watch it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us