Can caps blow

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 453
ok the other day I stopped to pick my cousin up and when I started the car back up the radio won't make any sound I checked the cap and theres nothing could the cap go out

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 292
umm first check all grounds....possilby a loose connection behind the radio, not sure on the cap thing...mabey with to much juice but it would have to be alot really fast i think

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2027
ehh it should still send power the connections, i would think anyways, check all connections and ur rcas

Username: Jjproductions

Post Number: 9
About the question in the topic title... anything will blow if you put enough power through it.

Maybe your radio just died? Did you try a CD perhaps?

BTW by cap do you mean capacitor or something covering a connection or what? A cap could be many things.

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
jeffy boy...on herer cap always means capactitor lolz

Bronze Member
Username: Jjproductions

Post Number: 12
Thanks Santa-Fe. But still... maybe a crappy radio is the fault? Why do you instantly blame it on the cap? Check your wiring and everything. If you modified anything recently, you may want to recheck everything.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

FOR SALE, BNIB RD AUDI... USA

Post Number: 2028
what im sayin is a cap could blow? sure why not> but the copper connectors dont have a fuse and should still send current.

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
yea thats tru chase...huh id still say it sounds like a ground problem to me....lol np jeff welcome to ecoustics

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 454
alright you all thinks i willl have to wait for it to stop raining be 4 i can check anything

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 250
i heard caps will blow but u will know it when they do,they can explode according to some ppl

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 455
well no explosion in my tunk atleast not that i remeber lol but still i think i founf the problem i think the preouts on my radio went out is that possible and will pioneer cover it in the warranty and repair it

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5438
Use a multi meter on the wires before and after the capacitor.Check your grounds.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 456
all the grounda are perfect its not like this was a new install i had everything already installed and then it quit

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4437
i know lil robs mom can blow!!!:-)

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 459
ok yall its fixed but theres a new problem that cam up sum how i got some electrical interferance and now i can hear the alt like it was riding right next to me any soultions yall can think of

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 121
run the rca's away from the battery cables?

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 460
yeah there far from each other i thing i am just going to give in and redo the whole trunk so i can make sure i am away from all power cables and that i can rule the trunk out

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2959
re do the ground wires where ever it goes. in the trunk, under the hood, in the dash for hu. on the cap. One of the grounds has gone south.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2960
And just to add, running power next to rca's DOES NOT, I repeat, DOES NOT CAUSE NOISE. Poor installation practice is the root of noise.

Silver Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 465
alright marc thanks all the grounds are going to be re done 2marow while i wait on my new windshield some idiots cracked it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us