All help appreciated

Username: Deadkat99

Post Number: 2
I have a jvc kd-sx9350 head unit in my 99 dakota small cab pickup. I have just purchased a set of Infinity kappa 5.1 perfects for it and I am wondering what kind of amp I should buy. also most reviews I have read about these speakers say I will probably want a sub and I am wondering if I need to purchase an amp with enough power for a small sub as well as the speakers. Im not a huge bass fan and I dont want to rattle the bed of my truck I just want a nice clean loud sound. also money is an object. but mostly I just wanna know what it will cost to get a nice sounding system in my truck. Another concern I have is whether or not ill even need to add extra power to my sub or if possibly my head unit could power a small one enough to keep up with the mid and high power I will get from the infinity kappas.
thanks
peas
nik

ps Only the head unit is installed im thinking of waiting on the speakers until I purchase my amp and possibly a sub.

pps ive only been reading up on car audio for a week so I dont know diddly squat and all help is appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: 07ramjam

Post Number: 15
I just put the same speakers in my 07 Ram.The are some of the nicest sounding speakers Ive owned.To get the most out of them you will need an amp.I have 50 watts going to mine and its not enought.Im going to upgrade to at least 100 watts per channel.As far as the bass goes,yes you will need a sub.You wont get very much bass from a 5.25" woofer.You dont have to spend alot,but even a modest sub and amp setup will make a world of difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Tblazer74

South Salem, NY USA

Post Number: 41
You can't run even the smallest sub off a head unit. If you want you can get a slim 8 incher in a sealed enclosure and a small amp and that'll accentuate the lower frequencies with minimal invasion to the truck and low cost. Look for RF and Kicker shallow subs for your truck.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2965
I would get this amp. Run the speakers off channels 1 and 2, and bridge channels 3 and 4 to run a single sub. For a shallow sub, check the link. If you can fit a small box and sub, look into a single 10" JL W6V2 in a sealed box, But you would probably need to get a bigger amp to power the W6 properly with about 400 wrms.

Amp
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=437

Sub
http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/646/res-new-shallow-mount-subwoofer-coaxials-an d-enclosed-woofers

Another amp to consider is Zapco. Then you can run a 3-way basic set up with a nice 2 channel amp and crossovers.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2973
The first amp is a JL 300/4v2

The sub is a RE SL 10
Also the W6V2 line of subs if space is not limited.
*Zapcos would be a better amp to run the jl sub

The other amps to look at are Zapco Refrence line
Like the 360.4 or the 350.2 run in a tri mode.

Tri-Mode. Channel 1 and 2 run speakers.
Sub run off channel 1 Positive and channel 2 negitive. Like Bridged with a cross over to make it a low pass set up for the sub, and the speakers on full pass.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2974
The first amp is a JL 300/4v2

The sub is a RE SL 10
Also the W6V2 line of subs if space is not limited.
*Zapcos would be a better amp to run the jl sub

The other amps to look at are Zapco Refrence line
Like the 360.4 or the 350.2 run in a tri mode.

Tri-Mode. Channel 1 and 2 run speakers.
Sub run off channel 1 Positive and channel 2 negitive. Like Bridged with a cross over to make it a low pass set up for the sub, and the speakers on full pass.

Username: Shinobiteacher1

Oklahoma City, Ok U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
Definatly a by amp set-up
If your not a "Bass Head" then I would go with a sub amp thats 1.5 times the power of the amp that you drive your Infinity's with.
That should balance everything out.

Bronze Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 18
I know Sundown is having a closeout sale on their subs, 5 inch mounting depth and from what I've heard they sound good and put out a lot of power for 200 watt subs.

Here's the thread for the sale and I think there's a review or two on there also.

\newurl
{http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11166,http://www.so undsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11166}

With a good setup you could hit 130+ dB daily with two 10s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us