Tuner Jam '07

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5387
Well...just go back from the Tuner Jam in Jackson.

I ended up w/ second place...a guy w/ 12 12's in a bandpass wall ripped me a new a`hole. lol.

Upload
Upload

That was his setup...it did 158.4dB

I did get second in the USACi SPL...and I won a Dynamat 2-door kit in the "street rattle" comp. :-)

Pretty much just line up the vehicles, play, and see who rattles more. My truck rattled like crazy, but I just put 3 layers of pealnseal in the roof last weekend, so I would have rattled more w/o the deadening.

A guy w/ some 12's IN THE BED of his truck beat me in the rattle. LOL. He had them firing in to the tall of the bed and he had a bed-cap. Rattled pretty bad...ha. (Mine really rattled more...bed nearly hits the cab...but he had like 20buddies w/ him, so he won)

After the rattle comp...my woofers and amps were alil warm and voltage was down.
But I still did 152.3dB at 46hz :-)

My 2nd place USACi trophy and Dynamat kit.
Upload

The Dynamat kit sells for like $75-80 shipped on ebay...so all in all, I came out ahead $-wise after paying for entry fee and such.

Had a good time at the show...no real vids of my truck though. My camera batts took a $H1T on me.

I'll do some vids soon and play around w/ my truck to try and gain alil. I pretty much went to this comp blind...put the 2nd amp in at 3pm...left at 3:30.

OH...and what happened to RD Audio???
Weren't you guys supposed to set up a booth?
I didn't see any RD at the show...alot of DD and RE though.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3871
RE / DD FTW ... thats what im running now marshall :-)

you should get on aim so i can tell you my new gear hehe

congrats on second.. that wall should have done more.. kinda crazy to see your in the same class with him running 18volts..

i think its time you upgrade to some 16volt batts man :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5388
Oh...I also won a Dynamat License plate kit in the rattle comp.

Kevin,
Yea...my truck puts me at a disadvantage. Just by taking out the back seat, I'm in Modified. Its a tough class...161-162.5dB will prolly take finals.

I think my truck/box has ~154 in it...just gotta find it :-)

Oh...and my voltage dropped to 10.58V on burp.
I checked the current and voltage output...it was 47.9A and 69.7V...~3330w on burp!!!

The way the box sits now, its very musical. Plays any song w/ ease.
I demoed w/ Soul Survivor Remix and such.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3872
if your in modified why not build a half wall .. bottom half can be batteries/amps/ect .. just to take up more space in the cab .. since your already in modified

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2950
152 @ 46 hz. is something to be proud of regardless of the circumstance and I'll tell you three things I noticed about this tool that beat you...
First MA Audio is flat out gay, it took 12 of those piles of f%#k to get that number.
Second, no fat chicks are allowed in comp cars, or any car if you ask me my personal opinion.
And third, judging from the wear on his headrest, brotha needs to ease up on the Soul Glo.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2771
Great number

How many watts was dude pushing to those MA Audio 12 12's?

What amps was he using.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5389
he was using a pair of dBdrive 2000's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2772
Oh yeah was there any T3 Audio at the comp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5390

quote:

And third, judging from the wear on his headrest, brotha needs to ease up on the Soul Glo.

He was bald. Can't remember his name.

Here is a vid of his run:

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/southern1inla/?action=view&current=MOV01 169.flv

Oh...and no T3. The have yet to hit this area.
The winners in each class ran mainly DD, RE, IA, and Crossfire(amps).

Gold Member

Post Number: 3874
i like it :-)

Username: Kenny_coleman

Post Number: 2
Those were 12 10's. Normally puts up a 160+. Canaan what were you in. I was at that show.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5396
Kenny, I was in the dirty @$$ blue silverado w/ "Team Audible Insanity" on the side glasses.

(And "Team Saw Dust" drawn in the dust on the back glass)

I was the guy running around w/ the "Hey Saban, Up Yours" shirt.

Who where you?

Post Number: 3
The guy in the red tacoma. I ran a couple of spots before the blazer

Bronze Member
Username: 2003f150

Biloxi, Mississippi

Post Number: 19
Canaan I am in the same boat in my crew cab f150. Modified because seats are out lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5397
kenny...what this you?

Upload

IIRC...that truck did low 156's.
I remember 2 memphis 4kw's...but what subs?

Post Number: 4
yeah that was me. memphis subs.

Post Number: 6
I turned things up a bit for the rd subs on Sunday and the fact it wasn't a usaci event

Username: Johnperdeye

Brandon , Ms Usa

Post Number: 1
first off brad...what u got if MA audio is g-a-y...name the time and the place and dont talk about my ride......oh and also check out usaci that truck u your talking about happens to have the world record...i was playing at that tuner jam show that wasnt 3/4 up so bring it

Gold Member

Post Number: 5398
Did the USACi forum suddenly shift over here to Ecoustics?

Good to see some SPL competitors here on the forum!

John...I have seen your truck at a show or 2, I know it has more in it. I will say this though, it aint pretty But then again, alot of hardcore SPL vehicles aint.

Hope to see everyone at the next show...maybe I can puts some faces to the name next time.

Brandon , Ms Usa

Post Number: 2
well i normally dont but several people called me and said people were running ther mouth about me.....yea i saw ur truck it was the onr that was bouncing the change off his roof

Gold Member

Post Number: 5400
Guess word gets around quick. Alot of people talk smack on the forums though...very few can bring it to the lanes. I have never had a reason to...I bring my lil daily beater and just have fun.

Yea...that was me. I was trying to win that Dynamat Bulk pack Ralph was giving away.

Brandon , Ms Usa

Post Number: 3
well i dont run my mouth...and dont like people who run there mouth about me if they dont know me so brad step up

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1429
Hey Canaan, a few things came up so I wasn't able to make it. I wanted to, but just couldn't. There is a comp in Montgomery, AL on the 10th of November I think it is. See if you can make it.

Hey John, I heard you placed 1st at tuner jam, good job man.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 483
lol john
brad is one of the most knowledgable guys on this forum. i doubt he would say MA is gay if he didn't have a reason for it
"so brad step up" lol brad i think he wants to fight you haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 5403
I guessing Brad jumped to conclusions.
When you are doing what John is doing, you look for efficient subs. I'm guessing he could get the MA's for a good price and they fit the bill for his build (4th order).

He does some amazing #'s...161+

I'm thinking about pulling my daily box soon and going w/ a one-note-wonder just to see what I can get out of it. Should be fun :-)

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2981
Yeah my bad I was just playing around... I get so annoyed with the thread and posts around here and I thought it was some pics of some random douche, not a guy that actually takes this stuff seriously. MA is not my favorite brand but yeah -- more power to the dude if he gets that kind of performance out of them.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5440
Out of curiosity...how many runs have you had on those MA subs or how many burps and what kind of power are you feeding them?

Brandon , Ms Usa

Post Number: 5
well its cool brad...im just the type of guy i dont talk about anyone i respect what they have and what they do.....yea im not a ma fan but when the call u up and ask u if u want to talk about some subs for a very low low price u cant pass it up....even tho i will be hooking up with steve and kevin at RA audio next year....i probally have had 20 burps on those subs and holding fine.....i have 2 pd2000 im in a 0-1000 mod class at usac they do about 9200 total
oh and canaan thanks for the props ur truck is bad

Gold Member

Post Number: 2796
You mean RD Audio

Gold Member

Post Number: 2797
9200 what

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2725
looks like rd is getting some reps. =) i need to hit some comps soon. =\ cars got a lotta work and far from ready. =)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5444
"i probally have had 20 burps on those subs and holding fine."

Not bad.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6857
If your carefull and do some testing almost any sub can hold up to the abuse of spl burps

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6858
but bandpass CAN be less forgiving than other box types....I want to try the audioque 2.5 12 in one but looks like a new sub and amp is coming to the table for us
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us