Pioneer DEH P2000 gone haywire

Username: Evilempid

Post Number: 1
Hello
Need some help with this CD player that was in my car when I bought it. It's worked great for the year since I bought the car but since about 2 weeks ago, the + volume button has been very sensitive (would keep going until I pressed -). That was annoying, but I could deal with it.
A few days ago, though, the volume kept going up, CD player would not respond to ANY buttons I pressed. My only option was to eject the face. When I try to put the face back on, the speakers blast at top volume, and I still can't turn the damn thing off or do anything else.

So what's going on?
Any advice MUCH appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 703
very simple and easy fix. ur contacts on the face have done one of 3 they have oxidized, bent, or lost contact with the face causeing ur problems. very simple fix but remember i take no responseability for your actions. ok heres what you do. you pull the face off look at the contacts make sure thier clean if not u can use a nail file, rubbing alcohol or pencil eraser. if thier clean make sure thier straight lastly if they seem a little flat take ur nail and bend them out a little not a ton just a little. to make it more even this can be done with a flat head screw driver to. hopw all this helps but remember, BECAREFUL AND HAVE THE POWER OFF.

good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us