Front speakers squel

Bronze Member
Username: Cameront

Post Number: 20
help!!!! just hooked up all my stuff and everything sounded great until i turned on the car and realized my front speakers are squeling, even when the volume is off! They are being ran off a amp and the higher the car revs the higher pitch the sound, what'd i mess up on?
Thanks,
TC

Username: Bass_enjoyer

Post Number: 8
I would check your grounds and make sure your rca cables are not being ran next to your power cables (opposite sides of car is best). Also check your remote wire if you think your amp might be on. Those were some problems a friend of mine had, but you might want to wait until someone else replies. Try posting in the Subwoofer section->more traffic.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1597
try everything he said and also make sure that the speaker terminals and any bare speaker wire is not touching any metal.

And sub forum is only busy cause people ask the same questions about the same stuff just about every hour. But so does the sub forum but just vary stuff with different sizes and brands.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2944
"help!!!! just hooked up all my stuff"
What other stuff? Do you have more then one amp? are the fronts on their own amp? if so, check the grounds and rca connections. if its on a 4 channel amp, and just the front are whining, then its the rcas.

Bronze Member
Username: Cameront

Post Number: 21
yes i have another amp for my sub and yes its a four channel going to my fronts, so you thihnk its the rca's?...i'll have to give that a look.
oh, and yes, i have my rca's/remote wire/speaker wire all ran along one side whle my power wier is ran along the other
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us