Best Amp For My 15" Sub?

Bronze Member
Username: Quality

Palmerston NorthNew Zealand

Post Number: 16
I have a DVC 15" Fusion Jonah Lomu Sub. It's max watts are 1600 (but I learnt you don't pay any attention to that) and says that RMS are 800 watts. I'm looking to get a monoblock d class amp, so do any specific amps come to mind that would run this well? I'm looking to give it about maximum power it can handle and I've heard you can even give the sub just abit more RMS than it's rated or will this just wreck the sub? Also, price wise I don't want to even muck around with the low priced budget amps so I'm looking middle ranged in price. Cheers

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3467
Need to know what coils it has to choose an amplifier.... you said DVC, so its dual voice coil, but is it dual 2 ohm, dual 4 ohm, wtc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Hi it's dual 4 ohm cheers

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3480
In that case,

Kicker ZX750.1 would be great. That amp is underrated and will do closer to 1000 watts.

Remember though, you don't have to use all of the amplifier's power. In other words, you can't have too much.

If that amp is over your budget, there are other good ones out there, I'm sure someone will list them....

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2773
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17535

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Sweet they are both nice amps. Only problem is I live in New Zealand and I've pretty much come to the conclusion most of the subs and amps over here are (rap, nothing on the gear you guys have. So I'm thinking of importing my amp. Know any good sites with a good reputation that sells amps and subs and ships overseas? Cheers

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4980
i think sonicelectronix.com can ship it IDK.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2774
www.audioque.com/

Audioque will have amps(sometime soon)and I think they are going to start shipping outside the USA if they don't already. They make good subs and I asume the amps will be the same. Give them a email and they will answer all your question you have.

What companys do you have in New Zealand?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us