Power for two 10'' Type R's

Bronze Member
Username: Samio866

Post Number: 22
Okay, basically im running a stock little 1995 Honda Accord and I need guidance (LMAO) on what Amplifier to get... so far I have 2 10'' Type R's and a 1000pzi crunch amplifier, and a cheap little 2.5 Farad capacitor... Share the knowledge my friends...

(I'm looking to possibly upgrade in the future to atleast 1 15'' speaker like a T2 Rockford Fosgate... that will put an end to my bass needs)

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4977
throw the capacitor away, save for an alternator if you wanna keep upgrading. i wouldn't run that crunch cuz is not very efficient and accords don't bring a Big alt. Try running something like sundown 1000D, if you're tight then get a class D monoblock like hifonics bxi1206d (i know you guys will say crunch=hifonics but no, they're not)

instead of a T2, check DD,RD,FI etc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
can you give me a little more details on what your talking about? and yeah i think ur right, my alternator is whining like a banshee

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 652
Nasty combo:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4912

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7559_Orion+HCCA-D2400.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
...? The budget is about 500 for speakers and subs.... can sombody help me out?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 191
you say you need an amplifer, yet...you have one...

you want my guidance?

stick with what u have and get a custom made ported box. type Rs arent bad budget subs. consider upgrading your alternator and certainly do the Big 3.

that amp does "1000"wrms at 1 ohm i believe, so you need to have dual 2 ohm voice coils on the subs to get a 1 ohm load.

what is vc configuration?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Okay basically I have a 1000 Watt Crunch amp powering 2 10'' Alpine Type R's in a custom made ported box.

The subwoofers are 4 ohm dvc and I wired them to be 2 ohm dvc's using the ALPINE Ohm POS - POS & NEG - NEG thingies. From that I ran 1 major output from the amp into the box and had the positive wire divided to the subs and negative wire divided to the subs... so it should be a 1 Ohm Load on the amplifier.

Basically it doesn't really sound as loud and deep as it would in my house amplifier (QSC 2450)... hence I need a stronger amplifier, right?

I have 8 Guage Power Wire and I have a 1 FARAD cheap OCS capacitor hooked up... What do I need?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6740
1. chances are that 1000 watt crunch amp is max ratings....either way, theres no way that amp is putting out a solid 1k, probably not even close

2. get a new amp thats does roughly 1k @ 1 ohm. either amp julio listed will be good plus some more others.

3. type r's are good little subs so they shold be pretty loud with proper power.

4. i would upgrade the 8 gauge wire to 4 gauge or even buy a 2 gauge kit from Paul on here

5. trash the cap, wont help anything

6. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42
make sure you have your subs wired like the top picture there

7. whats the size of the box? tuned to what?

8. are yuor gains set correctly?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5003
For box designs try talking to Logan, he's always on subs section.

I like those subs, but he really needs to change that amp ASAP.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Well the box is good, don't worry about that. It's a custom made TCAB box with a flaired port tuned to 32hz.

The subs are wired just like option 1 ( 2 4ohm DVC = 1 ohm load).

I will buy a 2 guage kit when I buy the amplifier and trash the capacitor.

Basically, this amp is perfect... http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7559_Orion+HCCA-D2400.html

Or is there a more cheaper amplifier... 250 or 200 is my budget... kinda. I just lost my job so I need to take it easy money-wise...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6776
that amp will be fine for the type rs....

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 955
Hook the cap up with the polarity reversed. BOOM! Just make sure you don't have it in your car or anything.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Is there any other options for amplifier at less $$$?

and how much RMS you think two 10'' Type R's can handle...? Alpine rates it 500, but some people say they had 700 to one sub and etc.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3618
You will be needing about 1000 watts for 2 Type Rs.......

This amp is not the best quality, but it is ok, and I'm pretty sure this is the best decent quality amp at this price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BXi1206D-1200W-Mono-Car-Amplifier-Amp_W0QQit emZ220166839062QQihZ012QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$220

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3619
BTW that amp is a bit overrated so they claim 1200 but it will do about 1000 watts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Thanks, I will be buying a Hifonics Brutus Amplifier by time next week.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6788
its a pretty nice amp for the price....ive got one right now and have had zero problems with it....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us