The Fi BTL subs???

Bronze Member
Username: Jman223

Post Number: 14
Was wondering which of my options would sound better, now i know they are the same brand, one BTL 15" rated at 2000 rms or 2 BL 12's rated at 1000rms each im going for spl and some sq but spl matters most. thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
also would a Hifonics BXi 2006D amp power the 2 12's or 1 15 to there full potential and would i need to upgrade anything other than my head unit and speakers? thanks and sorry i need some help

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 696
The BL would be a better match for the bxi2006d than the BTL, because both like more power than they are rated for, and the 2006d is a bit over-rated. 2 12s has more cone area than 1 15, but if you got 1 15 you'd have the ability to upgrade to 2 15s down the road. If its between those choices though, I'd get the 2 bl 12s. Again- I'd really want to see an amp per sub though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
i was thinking about that would amp would you suggest per sub?

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 482
you would need to ugrade your charging system

Silver Member

Post Number: 698
I had btls on 2006ds, and they sounded good, but the BL would be just as good if not better on that amp. There are better amps- but they're more expensive, so that depends on your budget. Unless you want to do lots of electrical upgrades, I'd just do the one amp on one sub.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1400
Troy you think on 15" btl on one of those 2006d amps would be louder than the 12" L7s i had on 1100 watts???

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1401
BUMP

Silver Member

Post Number: 701
If it's 2 12s against 1 15 it would really depend on the enclosure. I know my 1 18" BTL was significantly louder than my 15" L7. The difference from being loud to a hairtrick. You'd be losing cone area going from 2 12s to 1 15, but with doubling power you'd have a fair chance- I'd just make it a good build. On a 2006d my brothers BL sounds great, but the BTL just really needs a bit more power. The BTL would give you room to upgrade though- its your call.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us