Good news and bad news :-) :-(

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15461
good news.......yesterday morning my battery died. it was a yellow top. for the past week, when i was starting my car, it seemed like it was having a bit of a hard time starting. so i went and bought a kinetik HC 1800 and replaced it. now not only does it start better, my amps seems to be more efficient. i had the yellow top for 2 and a half years so i guess it was due. but i am so happy with the kinetik. i mean the over all sound just got so much better. maybe its in my head but i like it.

bad news........today i was taking a couple of boxes to a trucking company to be shipped. i was using my aunts acura mdx. well i parked the car on the street in front of the store and loaded the boxes. then i got in the car and started to pull out. at the sametime i was putting on my seat belt. about 30 yards in front of me was a motorcycle cop waiting at the red light. i stopped behind him. when light turned green, he kinda pulled over to the side and let me pass him. then he gets behind me and turns on his siren signaling to pull over. i asked him what was the problem and he told me i was supposed to put the seat belt on before the car started moving. he saw my through his side mirror i guess. i told him i put it before i left and he told me he saw me putting the seat belt on as i was pulling away.

he gave me a ticket. i hate this new "click it or ticket" law california is having. i don't know how much its gonna cost but my friend got one and it was 100 bux. i am so pissed. first my windows and now this. damn.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1388
looks like you got a DWA............................................................................. ............................driving while asian jk but sucks to hear bud

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 428
lol it sounds like the cops love you lol i hate the click it or ticket law out here in Ky it so stupid but my car has automatic seat belts so i dont have to worry it looks like i am wearing one even though im not

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15462
well i do wear seatbelt. in my car i put it on right when i get in. its a habbit. but when i am driving other people's cars, for some reason i don't put it on right away. oh well i learned my lesson.

also yeah ray. lol. damn asian hating cops. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5322
damn that sucks, FL has had click it or ticket for a long time.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5346
It's your life,you should be able to decide whether or not you want to wear a seat belt.In most cases they save lives but sometimes they actually kill people.If I want to go head first through my f uckin windshield then why the hell should I wear my seatbelt?Oh wait...that law is an excellent money maker.I should have gotten like a million DUIs =/

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12368
well u certainly got alot of use from that yellow - poor thing must have worked hard under ur use ....

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3815
texas also has the click it or ticket law.. i always wear mine due to a bad experience when i was younger

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 477
i dont think cops can pull you over only becaus they see a seatbelt violation. there has to be something else. they will usually say something like swirving or something. look it up in your local law because if he only pulled you over because of the seatbelt then that sounds fishy to me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5348
"i dont think cops can pull you over only becaus they see a seatbelt violation. there has to be something else. they will usually say something like swirving or something. look it up in your local law because if he only pulled you over because of the seatbelt then that sounds fishy to me."

Lol.That's plenty of reason to pull you over.It's the law to wear your seat belt in a lot of states,it's been that way for years here in Illinois.They even set up road blocks and direct traffic and those not wearing belts have to pull to the side and have the rest of their day ruined.The best is that they usually have them on Fridays between 4-6 PM so that way they really ruin the start of your weekend :-) I always wear my seat belt because it's just stupid having to pay those retarded tickets.I'd rather not wear my belt but if it's gonna save me a few bucks then I'll do it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
i could very possiably be wrong but i think in ohio they can not pull you over only on a seatbely violation.
i have class...

Bronze Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 91
mate if i was you i would get him done for harrasssment or something. tell him to produce some sort of evidence that you dint put it on before hand. in england they gotta show you a damn picture of you parked on a double yellow so you can't contest it. i'm thinking its a similar principle mate.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5350
"mate if i was you i would get him done for harrasssment or something. tell him to produce some sort of evidence that you dint put it on before hand. in england they gotta show you a damn picture of you parked on a double yellow so you can't contest it. i'm thinking its a similar principle mate."

An officer that has a reputation for being a good officer with lots of cases will beat you in court in a second.The judge usually knows these officers or sheriffs and trusts them before trusting the word of a random citizen.Don't try to fight that stuff because you'll just get yourself more trouble and be on the cops bad side.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Memphis MC-2500D, 2 15 RD Audi... US of A

Post Number: 1984
ok has had it 4 awhile. its g@y. but the ticket is 20 bucks here not that big of a deal

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1284
Damn chad that suk bro. My seat belt tix that i got less than 6 months ago was for 300 something dollars. I also got a tint tix less than a month ago. I hope you get away and only pay 100 bucks.

Glad to see your happy with your new batt i knew to get one to. I'll give my lil bro my yellow top.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15463
300 bux? fukkkk that is insane. i hope mine doesn't come out that much. i am scared now.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 700
i thought yellow tops came with a lifetime warrenty?

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15466
well mine was a tsunami yellow top. not the optima yellow top.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10617
Laws are popping up all over the place Chad. I hear the smoking ban is expanding to even multi family dwellings.....indoors!

Your own apartment and you can't smoke. I'm no smoker so it's no skin off my back but it's getting bad. Cops have so many arsenals to acheive their quota and only getting more. One cop even admitted to me that he knew I did in fact have my insurance card on me but "had" to write a ticket for something so decided to "cut me a break" by choosing a $20 ticket as opposed to why he stopped me. (Crossing the centerline).

Revenue.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5328
damn that is fu-cked up paul.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6767
Chad....

rainyseason7305-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Virginia

My wife and I were visiting Greensboro from VA a couple of weeks ago and to make a long story short, got caught in what I felt was a very sleazy line 'em up and knock em down seatbelt sting. We foolishly had neglected to put on our seatbelts because we were going less than a mile away from the restaurant we were leaving to find a parking spot to park the car to get out and walk around. Suddenly an officer walked in front of our car (it was a low speed pedestrian area) and waved us over into a parking lot hidden by trees, where at least fifteen cops were line up to deal with all the traffic they were bringing in. We ended up with two $75 seatbelt tickets and in the twenty or thirty minutes we were waitng there, saw at least a dozen others meet the same fate. Forgive me if this is turning into a bit of a rant, but that seemed more than a little excessive and unfair to me, in TN this offense carries a $10 fine. I realize that there's probably no way out of this and I'm grasping at straws here, but the cop never asked us to sign the acknowledgment on the tickets. Is there any way that this could be possible grounds for dismissal?

I think its 75 dollars (in pa) where I live too like va

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6528
VA laws FTMFL
chad just be glad you dont live in VA....automatic $1300 for wreckless driving....for anyone who lives or has ever driven in NoVA, its like the damn daytona 500 here....if you arent going 15+ over the 'speed limit' then your holding traffic up....ive been tailgated goin 25 over before....fines in VA have shot up to the highest out of all the states in the US.....its bullsh1t

Gold Member

Post Number: 6770
I didnt know va was THAT BAD glad I dont live there now.... I lived there twice

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6529
its pretty bad sean....also, they always have speed traps set up everywhere. i go through 1-2 a day usually. but the thing is, either one of 2 things happen at them....everyone knows that there they are there because they are in the same spot everytime so everyone slows down to just 5 over the speed limit and passes, or everyone just says f-ck it and everyone goes by and the cop tags the last person....seen it happen a few times....
sean, curious, where did you live here?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1890
damn yea VA sucks, i was out workin for my dad, bombin down this highway at 65 and i didnt realize it had dropped down to a 40, got bagged doin 65 with a radar detector (off for some reason idk why) and hte cop let me go...then again i got 2 points and a 163 dollar ticket for turning right on red in a no turn on red zone

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
ky sucks
in ohio my ticket was 90 for 19 over
8 over in ky was 156

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6531
i forgot to mention....radar detectors are illegal in VA as well....no radar detectors, no neon anywhere, no loud music, list goes on and on....

you got pulled over for doing 8 over kyle?!? thats hilairous....cops wouldnt even bother with that in NoVA....its fair game until you hit 12-13 over....me and about 6 others cars rolled 20 yards behind a cop for 10 miles doing 70 in a 55 and the cop didnt even bother....speed limit is merely a suggestion in NoVA....

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3647
Eh, you need to come to Chicago baby! The other day I was cruising on 294 NB in the left lane with my cruise set at 85, yaaaa 85! Ok get this, I noticed an Infinity G35, light blue in color creeping on the right side of me. Of course I had to step it up a hair, got to 90, welll here comes the same car, same lane and all. I glance over it is some blonde B!tch with a bob hair cut on the phone. Well I noticed she was coming up to a car and the only place she can go is in front of me, NO FCKING WAY, I'M BOSS!! I hit it about half way and quicker than sh!t I was doing almost 125, supercharged cars love that cool air ;). Anyhoo I lost her and got another 20 miles down the road got off the e-way and low and behold guess who is behind me, lOl. I turned up Gorilla Zoe and we all know which song :-O rolled the windows down to be annoying (fck her). This b!tch followed me through get this 16 turns, I counted them! I got all the way to my garage and she was still behind me so I passed it up and circled a few times before parking. I should have just fcked her but she even freaked me out, lmfao...Polo. :-O

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15469
you are just crazy man. lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10631

Yes he is...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3419
About the yellowtop:

optima sucks compared to Kinetik, Odyssey, etc.

About the seatbelt:

Sorry to hear that Chad.

In Pennsylvania, you can't get pulled over only for not wearing your seatbelt. In most other states you can though. Here in PA you have to have done something else, and they can add it onto the ticket for that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6774
yanks fan ......hampton va and woodbridge va

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6536
nice dude....woodbridge is a solid 5 minutes from me

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1986
not wearing your seatbelt can be dangerous or deadly for other drivers and pedestrians as well...

an unconscious/severely injured/dead person behind the wheel can't brake and pull over to safety, the car keeps going, hitting other cars or pedestrians multiplying the damage.

to those who think seatbelts do as much damage as they prevent, c'mon now...maybe in rare cases depending on the type of accident they end up restricting the person from protecting themself or something, but even then there would be no way to prove they woulda been any better off without the belt. Seatbelts save lives.

with that said, that cop was a d!ck IMO to give you a ticket for putting it on as you were pulling out, everyone does that. Personally i have to drive a few feet to get comfy in my seat before i put on the belt :-)

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1667
yep va is ghey about there tickets lol..... we always had tht clicket or ticket law.... and not wearing ur seatbelt is dumb to me anyway.... been around drag racin all m life u want to be strapped in..... put it tis way when ur at a theme park on a roller coaster dont u wanna e strapped in.....

but getting stopped for puttin ur seatbelt on after u move is kinda ghey but its tha law lol n he took it to a whole notha level ha ha

but yeah in VA every1 drvie fast round here lol...... i was oin 75 on a 55 and coldnt catc up to no1 in King George it was crazy LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us