OT: Just saw the greatest living guitar player!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5370
OMG...I am still stunned.
I will never look at a guitar the same again!

Just got back from seeing Tommy Emmanuel here on ULM campus...hands down the greatest living guitar player I have EVER seen/heard!

If you have never heard of him, look him up. He is all over Youtube, but the vids online just don't do him justice.

This man can do things w/ a guitar that are humanly IMPOSSIBLE! It was unreal.

I you like amazing guitarists, and Tommy is in your area....DROP EVERYTHING and go see this guy play.

I am utterly stunned.

It was a small theatre, bout 800seats. I was in the 2nd row, bout 12ft from him. He took time to sign autographs and talk after the show. Got his autograph on a $2 bill (all i had), two friends got him to sign their guitars.

BTW....Crown amps and EV concert speakers FTW :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15455
just watched some of his vid on youtube. that dude is insane. i love the sound of accoustic guitar. too bad i can't find a torrent of his cd. it would be awesome to hear that in my ride.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5317
yeah hes awesome.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1124
anyone on here that plays guitar knows how hard everything he does is. even the simple things he does about 95% of people out there can't do

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1125
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX0eTp7SoNU&mode=related&search=

for those to lazy to look it up

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1548
my uncle is a bada*s guitar player too. if you wanna check him out go to youtube and search for Screamin Freeman. Hes the guitar/lead singer,with the long hair he kinda reminds me of Ozzy lol.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3674
"Got his autograph on a $2 bill (all i had)," WTF $2 bill you carry those around? i've only ever seen one of those in my life and it was at a pawn shop, you know those are worth some money right, more than 2 dollars. and that guy in insane on the gutair i thought my friend was good but sh1t he's a pushover compared to this guy.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 457
um, two dollar bills are only worth two dollars
you can go to the bank and get them
you are retarded

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3676
well i guess my bank is retared then cause after your statement i went there and they said "we don't carry 2 dollar bills, sorry" those exact words so don't know what to tell ya smartazz, and plus the one at the pawn shop the guy wanted $25 for so what ever douchebag.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
woah take it easy, your getting a bit excited
you never see banks with signs that saw we dont carry them because all of them do
your bank must be retarded like you

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3677
yep they sure are fvckinn first fedral morons, and yep i must be retarded thats why im post secondary, which means i take college and high school classes at the same time, but this thread is about gutair players so please shut the fvcck up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5371
Ok...just to clarify:

Tommy Emmanuel = fvkin unreal guitarist

$2 bill = can be found at any bank (i got 10 of them my last paycheck)

me = i work at a pawn shop :-)

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3678
"Tommy Emmanuel = fvkin unreal guitarist"- very true

"$2 bill = can be found at any bank (i got 10 of them my last paycheck)"-WOW did not know that and my bank doesn't have any WTF

"me = i work at a pawn shop"- crazy

Gold Member

Post Number: 5372
Yep, I work at a pawn/audio shop.

We got DD, PG, Autotek, Clarion, Power Acoustik, Pioneer, and may be bout to pick up JBL.

Oh...and I wish I could sell $2 bills for $25...I'd take out a loan and get all $2 bills :-)

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3679
thats cool, the pawn shops around here only have PA, kenwood and audioburn and then they have outragous prices. i guess the $2 bill i seen must have been special or something if the guy wanted $25 for it, and around here no one has $2 bills i mean if my bank doesn't have em that must be saying something.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2935
I haven't seen one in a long time. Think about it... most cash registers don't even have a slot for them and even if they do, stores use that slot for other things like rolls of coins. No bank that I know of will give them out or even order them unless you specifically ask. They just never caught on, and even though they are still technically in circulation, you rarely see them because not that many people request them. Vending machines and other money taking dispensers will not accept them either. I have never seen one given out at a bank, ever, even when they were in high circulation. Alot of people save them for some strange reason, even though there are many millions of them out there. The pawn shop one that was going for $25 was probably either a 1963 Red Seal or a misprint.

On the other hand, three dollar bills I see alot of, mostly here at E.

Now back to the topic of this thread, Emmanuel is an excellent acoustic player no doubt.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 426
ok some two dollar bills are rare i would know my mom is a coin collector well money collector

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10610
I collect just about anything.

Coins, die cast cars, shot glasses, subs....

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 12063
Ted Nugent would like to have a word with you

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3684
OMG the nuge, haha seen him in concert before great gutair player, my brother talked to him after the show but mainly cause hes a hardcore hunter.

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
dustin, why do you automatically believe canaan when he only said the same things that i said?
i guess i automaticlly am ignorant since i only have 450 posts

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
tomy emmanual is insane. i play guitar myself. im not bad by any means but he is just leaps and bounds beyond. i played the intro to that song, but all the fingerpicking would be imposiable to pick up on just from watching the video.

Gold Member

Ohio

Post Number: 3685
"dustin, why do you automatically believe canaan when he only said the same things that i said?
i guess i automaticlly am ignorant since i only have 450 posts"

for one cause he said pollitely you just come off calling people retarded for no reason, plus every thread you post in you act like a know it all b1tch, but im done with this conversation this thread is about gutair players so if you want to keep b1tching make another thread i'll gladly respond.

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
wait a second, i act like a know it all bitc h?
i could go through this forum and give links to where i helped people, or asked questiones my self, or even when i spoke to you and you had no complaints then.
i myself am a guitar player and even commented relevant to this thread.
now lets put this behind us. have a wonderful day.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1557
Wow Tommy Emmanuel is freakin awesome!! He was on my local news this morning jamin out and I couldnt beleive it! I never new an acustic guitar could make those sounds. He was on the news cuz hes playin at Xaiver University this weekend and thats like 20min from me. But yea,WOW is all I have to say.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13015
Yo chad...Btjunkie.org

got lots of his stuff

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 299
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATub40Npxik&mode=related&search=

check this dude out

Gold Member

Post Number: 5374
TWiZTiD,

Drop EVERYTHING and go see Tommy!
Even if tickets are $50, go see him.

Glasswolf,

Yes, the Nuge is great, I love his music...but he is more of the electric guitar type.

I prolly should have said Acoustic Guitar for Tommy. Tommy talked about alot of other musicians durring his set, he plays w/ alot of people from time to time...including the Nuge and Clapton. (both greats) He had alot of good things to say about both.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us