What Is My Alarm For?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 632
When purchasing my 96 Grand Prix, it had already came with an alarm system. Over the past 2 months, I have had my car broken into and my alarm did not go off either time. Ive tried finding out what my alarm goes off from, but I can not figure it out. For the whole time ive had my car, my alarm has gone off twice when no one was around it. My alarm does not go off when you try to open the car or when the glass is smashed, which is how my car was broken into. Anyone have any ideas on what my alarm is for?

The only thing I do know about this is that on the keyless remote, it has a lock, unlock, a star and pound key. The star is for remote start and I have never figured out what the pound key does. Under all this, there is an Ultra logo.

Bronze Member
Username: Baalpeteor

Post Number: 37
prob not connected right or is it stock? if its stock that's why..if not then its not connected right or its real sh*tty.

An alarm should:
1.) have a flashing light
2.) go off if you just try to open the door even if its locked or unlocked

now with the broken glass there's modules you can buy that detect broken glass... but the best thing i'd do is buy an air pressure sensor and add that to the brains of the alarm.. that way if the window breaks, the door opens, or they get in by drilling a hole in your car or whatever case, it'll go off b/c it will see the difference in air pressure. i ordered one of these with 2 sensors the other day and it'll be in monday/tuesday. I will put one in my trunk (b/c i have expensive audio equipment) and one inside.. I can let you know how they work =)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us