Kick panel

Silver Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 425
Hey guys, im finally back with more questions. would 2 8's sound good in the kickpanels or should i put my 6.5 is the kicks and the 8's in the doors. i could even put the 8's in the rear doors or rear deck as well but was told that this would yeild lesser results than having them in front of me. I drive a 2000 chrysler 300M, what would be the best mounting location for 2 8's?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3357
I say put the 2 8's in the front and put the 6.5's in the rear :-). Or put the 6.5's in the kicks.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 427
yea thats prob the best option. but would having 2 8's in my doors on 200 rms a peice mess up the panels or make then rattle like crazy? I would also have to fiber glass a box for them in the panel to right? they cant just run in the door using the door panel as a box can they?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3359
You don't need to make a box for it. You can run it in the door and the door will act as an enclosure. Make sure you make a mdf ring between the door panel and midrange. Then use sound deadener to deaden around the mdf ring.

Here, use this link to find out more info on how to properly install your midrange into your doors.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95925

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 428
i dont plan on putting my mid ranges in my doors but rather 8" subs and the mids will go in the kicks.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 429
specificly these 8's
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us