Alts

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6473
more than a week ago, i sent emails out to 5 companies who make alts....only 1 of them got back to me....unfortunatly, that company doesnt make alts for my car. i asked the same question for every company, it went like this "hey, i was wondering if you could send me a quote for a 250A alt for a 2005 scion tc, thanks, enter my name"

now, should i take the no replys meaning, we dont make alts for your car? or should i resend the emails?

im a very patient person and have no problems waiting for emails, but i thought this was a little long wait....im not complaining, just asking what you guys think....im not gonna say the names of the companies cause i dont wanna start any bashing but has anyone else had to wait this long from alt companies?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6986
build one yourself... its not too hard

you just need to find a bigger rectifier and a stator for you amp and swap them and thats it... but anyways what system your runnign man??? you probably wont need to upgrade your alt

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1233
just get a cap

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2245
call them

Gold Member

Post Number: 6987
if his altis not too small and his system is not too big he might get away with a cap

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6474
well rob, honestly, im not positive on what i want to get, probably 2 rl-p's but still unsure on that. if i get the rl-ps ill be running around 2krms....if i dont get the rl-ps, i mite try out 2 dc sound labs level 4's with around 2500rms....or if i get more money, ill try something bigger aroud 3500rms....

and building one myself....thats a very interesting thought....i dont even have the slightest idea of how to....got any helpful links or anything?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6475
ill probably have to end up doing that jk....i hate talking on the phone tho....do whats necessary tho i guess

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 851
I thought you had to re-wind it? Can't you take it to a shop and have them turn it into a H/O alternator?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6988
is damn easy yanks.. all you need to find is the parts of your alt.. you could go and find what kind of alt yoru car has and the buy the parts and thats it..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LdFA6WF8lVg&mode=related&search=

if you will not go more tahn 2.5 k rms you migth get away with the stock on steroids... liek get some abtts do the big 3 all runs (pos and neg) 0 gauge... and you might get away

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5296
sorry lil rob its not that simple, the only think oem in the alt left would be the case, the interals are different hes got to find beefed up parts and try to fit them in a small case, plus no offence i dont think he has that much electircal knowledge.

yanks check out daves dc electric i heard they are good.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6477
lol dope none taken dude. i personally know for a fact i couldnt do it, i was thinking more along the lines of my dad and a buddy of my dads. but ill see what they say about it.

and ill go check that place out right now dope, thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 6989
well mat i just did one and im pretty sure yanks could do it..

the only thing he need is a stator a bridge rectefier for alil boost of some amps he could keep the rotor and the voltage regulator...

anyway i hope you a nice one dude..good luck..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6478
thanks rob. im all for saving money so ill talk to my dad and his buddy and see what they say about it

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5299
where did you get the parts lil rob

Gold Member

Post Number: 6990
alternatorparts.com

i built a 180 amp for a crown victoria and it came out really good... just changed the main compoennts the stator and the bridge rectefier... the rotor dopnt need to be replaced and the voltage regular either easy job... that all the parts an alternator have... the bigger the stator and the rectefier the bigger the power you will get.. thats all all the alternator company do... buy alts and just change the parts i mentioned

Gold Member

Post Number: 6991
also im looking at this alt

http://www.alternatorparts.com/dual_rectifier_big_ford.htm

but i think is like 500 bucks.. or more but 215 amps at idle is a damn good alt :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2247
SSA's cough cough

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6479
was looking at the icons....i dunno tho
they arent off the list

Gold Member

Post Number: 6992
ill sell you 2 re audio sx with mt coils and get yourself a 3500 rms to power those babies :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6480
if i go that route, ill consider it rob

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6481
12"? 15"?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6993
12s man..

Upload

12s man pure muscle

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j128/extrmndor3/subwoofers/100_0281.jpg

i got a 2k rms at 14.4 volts amp forsale too if you need the total package let me know also if you want more pwoer get yourself another amp and strap them up for 4k rms :-) the sx will handle them if you make a good box :-)

if you looking for 15s... these 12s are very efficient man will not be too much of a diference.. they were custom made by sundownz owner jacob and yup they use the mighty mt coils :-) they speak for themselves.... wanted to do a spl set up but im not going to do it at the end..

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5304
hmm i couldnt find any parts listed on the site though, i guess i would have to email them. their is a dealer really close to where i am living right now for that company.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6494
dope....that guy emailed me back....good to see a company who replies back to you

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5308
good to hear i havnt bought from them but probably will when i get a truck, a guy on diyma i think told me about them, said they were good. also that link that lil rob posted i have heard about that place as well.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5329
Yanks get a picture of your engine layout and then we can see what you can do in there.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6500
ok rob....its dark outside right now so ill get one tomorrow

a couple quick pictures i found online....mite help
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5338
A close-up shot of the alt would have helped lol.It looks like you have room towards the bumper though.You can probably fit a big alt in there using a bracket and a longer belt if you need the clearance.That's an option and probably wouldn't be that hard if you know a welder and have some scrap metal around :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6503
lol as i said those were quick pics i found online....gotta wait until tomorrow to get pics

Gold Member

Post Number: 7001
i see the alt...

im pretty sure you will have to remove it if you want to do the big 3...

yanks what you can do for now is do the big 3 in 0 gauge wire and practice on some alt skills... and when you get your ho alt all that you will ever need is just swap them..

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3397
Unless your real good with cars, get a drop-in replacement HO alt. It's harder than to think to fabricate custom stuff, and you will always run into unanticipated issues.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5339
"Unless your real good with cars, get a drop-in replacement HO alt. It's harder than to think to fabricate custom stuff, and you will always run into unanticipated issues."

Not always.Mine came out fine.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3406
So you didn't have to fabricate anythng then?

That's what I said, get a direct replacement.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6518
im getting pics today.....i got pretty sick yesterday

Gold Member

Post Number: 5354
"So you didn't have to fabricate anythng then?

That's what I said, get a direct replacement."

Most direct replacements will be a stock size case and in Yanks situation it will be a small alt that doesn't put out much amperage(More than likely).I didn't have any unanticipated issues when I made the bracket for my alt,I knew exactly what I was getting into :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us