RE SX Vs. JL W6V2

Bronze Member
Username: Vash3000

Post Number: 67
Which would sound better in both sq and spl? Im planning on getting a pair of either one of these. Probably 10's or 12's. The price for them on ebay is around $450ish so pretty much comparable to price. Im not too familiar with RE subs except I know that their XXX line is really good. As far as the JL, the W6V2 is supposedly be a cheaper version of the W7 with pretty much same comparison. IM thinking of these 2 subs because my trunk is farely small. I have about 7-8 inches of mounting depth and these two subs have around 6-7 inches so it should cozy fit for me. Any advice? Oh yea and im planning to run them off a Soundstream Reference 1000SX which pushes 1000watts to 2 and 1 ohms bridged. Its the old school Soundstream so its pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2924
Not fair to compare these two. The SX will hit much harder and handle way more power but the W6 will have better SQ. Two different animals really...

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12993
apples vs. oranges

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3763
yea but the SXs don't sound too bad.. unless you tune too high.. in a lower tuned box on 1500 rms they sound pretty good.. the 15 i had did get sloppy on really fast notes but 12s.. i bet would not be so bad

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
So is there any of the RE models that will be comparable to the JL W6V2? Im kinda leaning towards SQ and SPL. I dont want the sub to just sound loud but nasty. I want a good mixture of the two. I checked out RE site and the SX model seems to be sq and spl.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3372
It's going to be very hard to find subs with better SQ than a W6. The closest RE to it would probably be the XXX.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3373
BTW W6s are not very loud. They are pure SQ subs. The XXX is an SQ based sub that is loud. So is the Fi Q.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Yea thats why im trying to find an alternative for the W6. I know they are pretty much sq, but i want it to be somewhat loud as well. I need some subs that the mount depth is under 7 or at 7 inches cus my trunk is farely small and im hoping the sub wont take up much space but yet produces really good sq and spl. And the spending limit is under $500. Any suggestions? I thought at first that the RE SX might do the job but since hearing some opinions on here, the SX seems to be mostly spl and not much sq.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2926
Fi Q

Gold Member

Post Number: 3766
^ XXX FTW :-) .. or get an Si Mag ..
mostly always the same answers but when its a good sub its a good sub lol

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2928
He could get 4 Q's for the price of one XXX. The Mag V2 would be a good choice though.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12994
i would say the se is closets...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3768
^^ Not true.. 04/05 XXXs (the good ones) can be found on caraudio.com for almost the cost of the Q .. why not have the real deal for a little more :-)

theres two 15" XXXs on there now for $350ish shipped .. could probably talk them down even ... I've even seens the 18"s going for $350 shipped

the 12"s are hard to find tho but he could always run a single 15" :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6981
hey i got 2 re audio sx with mt coils 12s for sale

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j128/extrmndor3/subwoofers/100_0281.jpg

all the two for under 500 like new condition and with mt coils its really a nice deal :-) let me know if yoru interested
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us