ZX750.1 in a little truck??

Bronze Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 68
Im a little nervous at going for the zx750.1 as i dont wanna have to buy a HO alterntor, i got a 1993 toyota pickup, 22re 4 cylinder engine, i dont know what size my alternator though. i was thinking of going with the KX600.1 over the ZX750.1 as it will be less draw from my truck. Do you guys think my truck will be able to handle the ZX750.1 and the ZX100.2 without any upgrades, other than a new battery??. It will be running 2 10" kicker comp vrs if that matters.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5360
You should be ok w/ just a strong batt. You will prolly dim when at idle, but when running down the road you will be fine.

Just set the gains correctly and dont overdrive the amps.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2923
That truck came with a 60 amp alt and you will be cutting it very close but should be ok, especially if you don't crank it constantly.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 519
you should be fine, a friend of mine runs over 700wrms and his toyota is fine. course when you push the gas down it just laughs at you...but that doesn't have anything to do with the electrical.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
well wat about a KX600.1, i was looking at one of those but it says 300W RMS @ 2ohm, is that 600W @ 1 ohm??? you think that his toyota has no power, i got 6" suspension lift 3" body lift on 39.5" TSL Super Swampers on a mildly tunes 22re, got 4.11 gears so my max speed is 115km/h haha

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2927
No. The KX600.1 is 300 @ 4 ohms and 600 @ 2. It is not 1 ohm stable.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 523
well I dunno, he has a dinky @ss 4 banger in there and when I drove it I had it floored and it was barely speeding up....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
haha same with mine, yeah someone told me it was 600W rms at 1 ohm so i was just unsure. I was thinking of running 2 10" pioneer257 dual2ohm, 350W RMS. Would a kx600 work for these subs?? and is it possible to run 3 of them off that amp?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3770
i ran 3600rms on a 90A alt and just two Yellottops.. youll be fine unless you constantly crank it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
bump

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 200
idk i ran a amp rated at 500rms but done like close to 700 rms,and it smoked a 104 amp alternater

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 714
make sure and do your big 3. should be fine

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5298
it is very hard to say just hook it up and see, it depends on accesories in the truck, your listening habbits and stuff like that. also the condition of the alt itself. chances are you will not be able to run that amp at full power it puts out i think 900. i couldnt run 600rms on a new 80alt with big 3 done and a new battery.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3380
LOL, 60 amp alt, I think that may be the smallest alternator I've ever heard of on a car

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 526
like I said, you should be fine,just dont wang the sh!t out of it even most of the time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us