Glue in amps

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 181
when they make an amp with a bunch of glue; why do they? and wont the glue melt if it gets hot? any benefits from it? or just lazy workers?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6966
to protect from short circuits also when u spill liquids that glue wont go all true...

i liek that alphasonik man its a better version of the power acoustik 3000 wiht guts of corse and im pretty sure copper plater board and beefier mosfet and a bigger capacitance bank nice one dude...

also if it melt that is not glue its called silicone and is sometimes used to dampen from vibrations that might lose the components..

people sink their amp in i forgot what kind of oil that makes them dissipate heat alot better and since its oil wont conduct electricity.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2040
Dang, I didnt realize how similar the a3000db and that amp are until I just compared the pics.

Upload

Torn, You live in Gresham?? I live in Portland, by David Douglas.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
ya in gresham by gresham high.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2041
Thats cool. I used to hang out and party in Gresham all the time. What you got for a system?

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
used to be these but sold it 3 months ago to a friend for 150$, now im getting things piece by piece.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rzppiXneLXI

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3642
They use a little to secure caps and torroids from vibrations and such BUT damn that looks like someone nut in your amp! My new DD amp has glue in it and when it heats up stinks pretty bad...Polo.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 407
could that be what i am smelling on my new infinity amp to much work to unhook and take apart and torn those subs are awsome what you going to get for the new system

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
buying piece by piece but got a dd3515 just sitting here for months with no box lol. and what are you smelling?

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 420
something that smeels like its melting but my amps not getting hot

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2922
Lil Rob is right they use that silicone to dampen vibrations and to anchor the coils so they won't lift off of the circuit board. That is one sloppy azz job though... maybe the dude hates his job or was drunk that day, who knows. Also, that particular type of silicone has extremely high heat tolerances, it will not melt.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4836
l live at OSU, but really lives in beaverton
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us