OT- Really need internet help (DSL related)

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 110
I know this is like my 109th OT post but i really need help. My g/f has dsl and i play xbl on it.. but her dsl keeps droping like every 5 to 10 minutes. We just got a new modem and put in and a new wire to the phone jack. It doesnt do it for a long period of time anymore like it used to. but just enough to kick me out of a game. the dsl light on the modem goes off for a second and blinks then comes back on. Then its fine..but it does this every 5 to 10 minutes. Anyone know whats up??

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5270
try asking your dsl provider maybe its a problem from them.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5271
by the way this is the OT forum

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/off-topic/289508.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 112
yea but this forum gets way quicker response..and most of the ppl here are cool about it and help alot. but i got her dad to call them and they just installed a new modem..that helped it not stay off for long periods of time..but it still does it alot. and he wont call again cuz he says the internets workin fine so its good to him. so im stuck with having to deal with myself

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5273
yeah it just gets old where theres more OT posts then audio related posts in the sub section.

but why dont you just get your own dsl.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 421
do u have a router? use the modem directly and see if u get the same problem, could be the router is over heating.
do u have ur DSL line filter on? if not then put them all phone jacks that have a phone in them.
do u have 2.4ghz phones? try unpluggin ur phone for a bit to see.

hit me back if not

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 154
Could be bad wiring for the phone line. The quality of the phone line could be the problem if its old and worn out.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 919
Dick Sucking Lips????

Call the service provider its free for them to come there and fix it, i had problems with my cable modem... I called they came and Boom it was fixxed

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
Yes jeremy i have a router, i hooked it up directly to the modem and it did the same thing. We have a DSL line filter but only on the jack tha has the dsl goin to it...and theres like 2 other phones in the house.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3654
try to restart the DSL itself, reboot any routers... make sure you have line filters on your phone lines, ect ALL PHONE LINES NEED THE FILTER if you get phone calls without it u can even drop DSL it doesnt clean the signal without it so it can mix on the same frequency and yea... DSL drops... when i had DSL (which i just got rid of from being slow) i havnt dropped connection for years (power outage dont count) now i got comcast... it wentout more times in the feww months then the DSL did in 7 years..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us