Sub box dillema for my Elemental Design.....help

Bronze Member
Username: Metalgearsolid

NJ

Post Number: 21
OK. All sub box guru's chime in. I am buying a Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 Subwoofer http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?t=2&products_id=31 to run it with my audiobahn amp. NOw i am looking at these two ported boxes. None of the sellers mentioned what the box is tuned to? Now, by looking at the port size and dimensions, Can anyone of you please tell me what's the Frequency?

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/12-VENTED-PORTED-CAR-AUDIO-SUBWOOFER-SUB-SPEAKER-BOX_W0QQite mZ270174689994QQihZ017QQcategoryZ50568QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/12-SINGLE-VENTED-3-4-MDF-PREMO-SUBWOOFER-BOX-FREEGIFT_W0QQit emZ270173600561QQihZ017QQcategoryZ50568QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 958
Why dont you build your own box? It will be cheaper than those and it will soound alot better. Prebab = crap.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 455
plus any box built buy someone else for less than 40 shipped probably isn't a quality box. agreed with nick build your own or save money to have someone from here build you one.

Bronze Member

NJ

Post Number: 22
Well the problem is that I am a REALLY busy person. My headunit was shipped 2 weeks ago and I still didn't have time to install it. I have bought a dual sealed box for that price range 2 years ago and I was quite happy with it.

So, from those two, which one should I buy? I know the elem. des. prefers tuned to 30 hrtz .

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1643
yep best bet is to build your own box... for 40 bucks u can get tha materials you need.... to build one...

box building is not as hard as u think either.... trust me i know its very very simple to build a ported box

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 307
I get around 55 hz for that first box you posted....

If you need help, getting a box, let me know and I can help you out.

Thanks,
B.J.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 959
Solid, it will not take long to put 7 or 8 pieces of wood together. You could do one piece a day and be done in a week.

Bronze Member

NJ

Post Number: 23
Thanks for ur input, everyone. Nick, sorry if I sound harsh, as much I would like to build my own box, I really don't have any time. I don't have space to make it, I don't have tools to make it and I rather would just pay someone to do it for me. Also, money is a factor. The price they are offering are unbelievable. If someone can make a 12" Ported Box tuned to 30 hrtz and ship it to my house in a day or two for around $60, then I have the paypal ready. If not, then i'll just buy the 2nd one, i guess.

THanks.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3344
You'll be wasting $60. I don't think you realize just how bad prefab boxes sound.

The boxmakes MUCH more of a difference in sound than the sub thats in it.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12348
y dont u let Fisher build u a good proper box....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us