Kicker 1200.1??

Bronze Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 21
i found a cheap 1200.1 was wondering if i would be able to hook that up to a kicker cvr 15...or is that to much power for that sub??

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 710
well maybe if you hook it up @ 4ohm

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3342
There is no such thing as an amp having too much power. You don't have to use it all.

Bronze Member
Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 22
yes i know you dont always have ot turn it all the way up i was just wondering how well it would work out because kicker always under rates their selves...

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 713
well you could run a dual 2 ohm cvr @ 4ohm and get less power or if its dual 4 then 8 ohm..

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 155
Be very careful as that amp could put out up to 1400RMS at 2 ohms. The 15"CVR is rated to handle 500RMS.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 156
Even at 4 ohms the amp will put out up to 700RMS which is still pushing the sub a bit hard.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1537
well if you found that amp for cheap,then id say go ahead and buy it. Then get some better subs/sub to match up to it.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3653
if ur getting it cheap buy it uses it on low, its a start for upgrading to a better system... next go buy a dd3515 ;) lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3350
Ugh...... there is NO such thing as too much power!

When you do the calculation when setting your gain, you can use any number of watts up to what your amplifier is capable of. You do not have to set it to the maximum that it can produce.

Why can so many people not understand that concept

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3646
"Be very careful as that amp could put out up to 1400RMS at 2 ohms. The 15"CVR is rated to handle 500RMS."

the kx1200.1 does not do 1400wrms at 2ohms, the kx serires is rated at 1ohm, so at 2ohms the amp does around 700-800wrms, and do what ms said just find a votage calculator on the net determin how many watts you need at what ohm then hook a dmm up to your amp then adjust the gain till you get the correct voltage level.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 157
"The kx1200.1 does not do 1400wrms at 2ohms, the kx serires is rated at 1ohm, so at 2ohms the amp does around 700-800wrms..."

My Mistake :-(

"When you do the calculation when setting your gain, you can use any number of watts up to what your amplifier is capable of. You do not have to set it to the maximum that it can produce.

Why can so many people not understand that concept"

I understand that concept but for someone new to car audio they may not, so its just to warn them about overpowering a sub...

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1750
"Ugh...... there is NO such thing as too much power!

When you do the calculation when setting your gain, you can use any number of watts up to what your amplifier is capable of. You do not have to set it to the maximum that it can produce.

Why can so many people not understand that concept "

because many people think of the gain as something that must be all the way up so their system will be loud

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 416
lol you sub should be ok i hooked my 10s up and i am feeding them 600 watts a piece there good the 15 should be able to handle 800 or so watts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us