For All of Our Golfers on Here

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6426
My dad and i just started playing golf about 2-3 months ago. drastic improvements since we started lol. ive got clubs already (taylormade rac-os2 irons) and we both love them. problem is, when we go out and play, we have to share them and it slows the game down immensly so he wants his own stuff now. hes been looking on ebay and d!cks (sporting goods store for you sick people) and have found some nice deals on the following:

Callaway X-18 irons
Callaway X-20 irons
Cobra SSi irons
some more name brands we've been looking at are Ping, Adams, Mozina(sp?)....

neither of us know too much about clubs, just what company makes good stuff. so what would you recommend for him? budget would probably be floating around say $500 for a set of irons give or take $100. another thing to keep in mind, these clubs might become mine if he doesnt like them, we mite just switch clubs if we like the other persons clubs more. if i had it my way, hed be buying the callaway x-20 cause they felt great when i swung them.

but for you golfers, please help me and him pick out a nice set of irons for him or me.

btw, NO taylormade irons cause i already have some and we wanna have different clubs

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6430
bump?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5312
The Callaway irons that I used to use were pretty nice.It's not the clubs that make the golfer though,Tiger Woods could use a tree branch and beat me in a game of 18.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2627
lol. calloways are great irons but the pings are also awesome irons. ive never seen the king cobra set though. love those cobra drivers though.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6432
lol rob, sad part is, its absolutly true.....hell he could play with a tree branch on tour and still win.....dude is a freak at golf

but also, i know clubs dont make the golfer but they do help. i know when i switched from my old school macgregors to my taylormade irons, it really helped me a bunch, accuracy and distance.

and hunter, those are actually what i am pushing for him to get. either ping or callaway cause those would be the first two id buy lol

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2953
the x-20s are for serious golfers... i mean professiolnal level... th 18s are supposed to be a lot more forgiving and would probably suit your father much better... another set of irons i would look at for around the same price if not less is the nike slingshots... they are supposed to be some of the nicest irons you can buy.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Memphis MC-2500D, 2 15 RD Audi... US of A

Post Number: 1978
look into some callaway fusion irons, make sure they arent tour. the x18s are ok. ive hit a set, i wasnt impressed. i like my ping eye3+'s tho. i like my dads fusions they are super soft.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6446
thanks guys....i forgot to mention, absolutly no nike whatsoever....my dad has an affiliation with adidas (because he runs a soccer league) and refuses to do anything nike lol

anyone ever shot ping zing irons?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1535
golf sucks,its soooooooo damn boring. Now putt-putt is the sh*t tho!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us