Sound Splinter RL-P

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6414
Im really liking the looks of the RL-P....ive heard it does good in sealed apps and can hit the lows great which is exactly what im looking for. it says it can handle 500-1k rms, but do you think 2 15" RL-P's can handle say 2500-2800 rms daily? or is that a bit too much for them? also would they work well in a 5cuft sealed box or so.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15403
yanks you can email mike at soundsplinter. he answers all your questions by next day. very cool guy to work with. lol. in fact you two kinda look alike. lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6416
word chad....just sent him an email....good to see a company who actually returns emails lol....ive sent emails to 5 places looking for an alt and only 1 place ever returned my email and i sent out the emails a week and a half ago :-(

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 438
good day for me, this is one of the few subs that i have experience with.
i installed a 12 in 1.5cubes tunes to 33 on a nine.1 and it handels it pretty well. i would just contact ss and see what they would think about it. i would try not to push it with a 5cuft because after displacement you would be at about 4.66cuft? when six would be reccoended for two 15's. but hey i have never installed one in a box smaller than recomended so i dont know how it will preform.
i might not have helped much but...it couldnt have hurt anything

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6417
thanks kyle, you did help bud.
im not positive on how much room i have in my trunk (bout to go take dimensions). i have a tiny trunk so its gonna be tight back there. i think i can pull off 5.5cuft tops but we'll see.

good sq on it? hit the lows nice and clean?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6418
btw, it took mike 5 minutes to respond back....like sound splinter even more now lol

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15404
i told you man. mike is a nice dude.

you'll love that sub. i personally never heard one but if its anything like the rl-s......... well do i need to go further? lol.

also the price is very nice.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15405
oh and the customer service? i had a problem with the first sub i got from him after about a month of use. i emailed him and he told me send it back. so i did and as soon as the bad sub arrived at his place, he sent out a new one the next day.

both subs are going strong. haven't had problem with them since. *knock on wood*

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5248
just port one 15 rlp on whatever amp you have now, it will be loud, it will fit, and you wont need a HO alt if you dont need one now and you wont need a new amp.

that is unless you want all that stuff.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6419
well regardless, im getting a new amp....my hifonics feel like an oven after a hour long drive....but i am thinking about just one ported but i dunno. you make perfect sense dope, i just dont know what i want lol

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5252
kicker zx750.1 and 15 rlp ported would be sweet, if your ssd is pretty loud and you arnt looking for alot louder thats what i would try.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 478
Anything much more then 1100 watts on the 15" rl-p is pushing it. They thrive ported and tuned low. Oxsign on SSA has put up some great output numbers for an SQ sub, and is now loving his RL-p 18.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6434
thats pretty much exactly what mike told me. when we say low, you talking like 28hz? or more around 30hz?

and yea i read his thread on SSA....very impressive numbers

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 480
The best results for the flattest response is usually between 27-34hz from what I have seen. My 12" loves 27 hz, well my ears prefer that tuning.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6435
good deal....thanks denim

btw, took dimensions last nite....gonna be very hard to squezze a 5cuft box in there so i mite just be doing 1 15" ported tuned low or 2 12's sealed.....

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15411
don't get greedy yanks. the 12s sound good and low as well. 15inchwangers are overrated. lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6436
lol....are your rl-s' 15's or 12's chad? i forgot....i assume they are 12's from that comment.....

the only reason i want 15's is cause ive never owned 15's or ever heard any good 15's....so it'd be great to own 2 of them :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us